100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

Would love to start posting in this thread again. Was searching for visa sponsor with no use and was feeling frustrated. Have made up my mind that I will update my skills and not worry too much abt job . I am only trying my best . Rest all going to leave to god's wish .
    Today my toddler is playing by herself . She hates winters and was v v cranky till yesterday . Today somehow playing by herself .Plz tell me wat I can do to engage 3.5 yr gal . She s bored of legos , kindergarten workbooks , books . I am thinking whether a bead, jewellery making set ll help her

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can't remember the last time I slept through the night. Life, work, toddler who pees in her bed, and Donald Trump haven't allowed me a good night's rest in what feels like forever. After two weeks of fighting the flu and a hacking cough, dragged myself to the doctor and got a prescription for a cough syrup with an opiate. Doctor sent me off with a 100 warnings about driving, operating machinery, yada yada. One dose at bedtime and it felt like someone pressed the mute button in my head. Eight hours of silence. Woke up feeling like a ray of sunshine, if it had a runny nose and itchy throat. Sunshine nevertheless. :innocent:

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I got hit with number of good news yesterday since morning. I was quietly watching how my mind reacted to each one of them. My mind not only celebrated but also appreciated itself for its contribution without giving any credit to any external forces. I compared notes with how my mind reacted when I had bad situations. It cleared blamed everything but itself. They were two extreme reactions. By watching these reactions, I am beginning to understand how my mind works. :)

Viswa

sindmani, Giri12, kkrish and 3 others like this.
  4. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I learnt 2 new frameworks . I wanted to learn them since long time but somehow was postponing it. but since i m not getting any calls , thought y not update my skills . how ever , whether all of these is worth doing as none seems to be interested in my profile due to 3 years gap . i wonder if i ll stay house wife for rest of my life . sometimes i feel like checking my future in a mirror to see if i need to make up my mind to be a housewife .Anyway I am glad that I am spending my time usefully .
    I watched black mirror in netflix for 1 hour . Wow ,it made me think so much . few years back , my gadget time was so less . now it has increased and it s a addiction which i am not able to stop . Anyways i cant come out of it . so i joined a fb group where each day we ve to learn something new and post it it pics . Loving that group . so far i only posted 6 items as i was preparing for a interview . but surely it gives a great satisfation to learn something new . i learnt color pencil sketching , to make few crafts etc . the feel when sharing the photos in that group was amazing . i m in love with that group as all ladies there are so amazing .

Giri12, kaniths, shravs3 and 4 others like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I was going through some videos of a cookery show where the host takes us to different parts of Tamil Nadu - can call him an Anthony Bourdain of TN :) - when he stepped out of the norm to showcase about "Birdman" of Royapettah.
    This person feeds almost 4,000 parrots everyday in the concrete jungle of Chennai. He spends a good percentage of his salary (40% percent I think) on buying food for these birds.

Then here is another person

I felt a lump in my throat. Some selfless souls are still there.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hi can you please mention the name of the group you joined in fb ?

7. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Want to start writing here again.. !! Lost my dad recently.. Trying to cope up. +ve is the supportive husband and daughter.

Giri12 likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm so sorry for your loss rossie. Wishing you peace and healing in this difficult time.

rossie, Archanaanchan and Rihana like this.
  9. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

wow..super parrots!!

kkrish likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I once read in a status message: "Running is the answer. The question is pretty much irrelevant."
    Been doing a lot of this answer since the New Year. : )

Frequency, intensity and discipline of running has gone up. The back, knees and the monkey in the brain cooperating.

I am so glad. For the first time, a new year resolution has actually moved on to become a habit. I did cheat a little. Got a head-start around Christmas. :cool:

Gauri03, ashima10 and kaniths like this.