1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has Your Husband Ever Taunted You Like This?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fallen, Feb 1, 2018.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Did he say sitting at home? Then I would suggest you to stop doing whatever you are already doing for 2 days to give him a picture of what actually is work at home.Better to show him in action the meaning of this sentence.

Sandycandy and yellowmango like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

This weekend....... Wake up in the morning,make yourself a cup of tea.
    Eat your breakfast and get ready .
    Put the kids in bed with the poor husband. Wake him up and tell him you are out for the day. Tell him you are going out looking for classes / job.
    Tell him not to disturb you on phone. Switch off your phone and enjoy your weekend break.

Go for a movie, have something nice for lunch. Go shopping,get a hair cut and pamper yourself.

On your way back....get some packed dinner and go home.
    Don' t lift a finger at home.Tell him you will need to do this next day too.

Don't worry about the kids. They are with their adult father. They will be fine.

lavani, NeetaR and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

U can similarly reply back in anger, how much you slog all day and then get to hear this....

Later, tell a sorry and explain that you did not really mean to hurt him but just wanted to explain your situation to him.

Soory don’t try it unless you really want to. Coz, I am a sometimes dramatically straight forward and impatient person who likes to answer spontaneously and then go to sleep with a clear mind.:eek:

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Just read your thread that you started 7-8 years back.
    You husband is an ass****.
    Op...why do you even stay with him?Why do you give your children such a horrible environment to live in .
    looks like he hasn't changed.
    Last time you mentioned you had one child. Did you have more children with this horrible person. If you have only one,then your child should be pretty grown up by now.

Go out and work. Don't do anything for this monster.

If you have continued to live with this abuser,then you should have grown a thick skin by now.

NeetaR and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha perfect ! And come back and ask what the adult father did with all his “free “ time .

yellowmango likes this.
  6. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

and before weekend , for 2 days do not do any work at home other than cooking. no cleaning house nothing .
    just cook for your children those days .. keep the clothes as they are and on weekend get out of house.
    Let him know how the house looks when you are not there and how you manage with kids.

There was one Indian advertisement about it where husband asks what wife did at home. next day she did not do all the things she does at home and when he comes back from office he sees the house in mess and goes to bedroom . When he asks her what happened .. she cleverly and cooly tells that she just relaxed at home and did not do any task she does everyday at home.
    I was trying to find the link for it on youtube but could not..
    This is precisely what you need to show your husband.. dont get angry on him and argue.. show him ur tasks by not doing it 2 days and then enjoying weekends( as per him giving him free time at home )

7. honeybunny123

honeybunny123 Senior IL'ite

OP, if you are happy with the decision you have made about leaving your home god career , just choose to ignore your husband’s taunts . If you are unhappy , try to get back your career , as your sacrifice wouldn’t mean anything to your children or your husband few years down the lane . I have nothing against SAHMs as long as they have compassionate and well earning husbands . I am not one of those lucky so I choose to work . My husband has asked me to leave the home over a pine apple which got overripen due to me not having checked on it , that’s when I was unemployed . The taunts and nitpicking have decreased but he still nitpicks . At least if you get your career back you have a reason to be happy about . I would suggest you get back to work , not for the money but for your mental well being .

8. honeybunny123

honeybunny123 Senior IL'ite

9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP,
    Today is Feb1, 2018. Send him a bill (text or mail) for all the services you did last month (Jan 2018). Tell him that he has to pay this much if he hire a help to do all those jobs. Nothing is free in this world.

Next time if he utters a word like this, stop doing all service to him for a few days/weeks. If he questions you tell him you decided to "relax in home by eating free food".

What is the need to sacrifice your life if no one values it? You have only one life. if you think going back to work will help you to get some happiness, try to do that. If there is a will, there is a way.

I am a working mom, so I never faced it. I have seen lucky SAHMS with very loving and caring husbands (who help them in household jobs too) and also unlucky ones who face similar questions.

"how can i work, unless he stop traveling? "

Why not? There are many women who manage everything alone. With some planing you can do it, if you want to. Don't under estimate your capabilities.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Sandycandy likes this.