Reason For Your C-section As Per Your Obstetrician

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by akrutisyd, Dec 20, 2017.

1. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Just wondering on my reason for my C-section and are there any others who had similar reason for c-sec.
    Especially in south india, i see more c-secs than natural deliveries. And more in my place, hyd; c-sec is by default and doctors have N reasons for the same in each case(not sure if its a valid one). Though overseas and many north indian states have more natural deliveries wondering how they handle the reasons we see here. Not sure if this question is for gynos though. Just curious about my scenario and what would happen if my delivery was in other place rather than Hyderabad.

Reason: Got pains while doing NST ( a test which shows graph of baby for 20 min). Water broke during the test itself. Test results showed that there was a drop in baby’s heart beat level ( touching 110bpm which is the minimal) for every uterus contraction. Doctor said this means the baby is under stress and we cannot wait for normal delivery risking baby’s situation and i agreed for c-sec for the same reason. It was first stage of labour with 2-3 inch dilation of cervix, so even i agreed for c-sec as it takes time and didn’t want to take risk.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

My both kids were born in usa and both cases were c section
    First one was 10 days post delivery, I had the pain when I went to the hospital, it was 12 hours labor pain also, then my daughter's heartbeat started going down as she inhaled meconium and had emergency surgery.
    The second one again went through all the pain, was ready for the normal delivery and the duty doctor said, you know there is a chance the old cut can open, I panicked and chose to go for the surgery.

3. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

My both kids are born in US both times C sections .. I had complications like gestational diabetic so had to deliver baby 4 days before due date .. they induced me was in labor room for 24 hours .. then baby heart beat is falling down n she did not dropped even 4 inches .. then immediately with in 10 min they took me to surgery room n done c section .. so if they say baby heart beat us falling down n you have not dialate enough you have to go for c section I think .. am not a doctor but that's what happen in most of emergency cases ..

4. Gouri9

Gouri9 Silver IL'ite

3 days after due date US showed baby was big and i am short person so doc said baby wont come out naturally..

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I had both mine in the US via c-section and I am still kind of mad at my first OB-GYN because I think it was completely unnecessary. I had had dental work done early in my pregnancy and it was not a pleasant experience for me. I had described that to her, and I think she just assumed from that point on that my tolerance level for pain is very low and I suspect that she decided then that I would have a C-Section. She did not even have me wait until after my due date... she asked me to get admitted on my due date to induce me and nothing happened. I wasn't even effaced or anything. The nurse kept saying I should go home and wait for a bit more as the baby hadn't even dropped. I was getting ready to just go home and see if I went into labor naturally when my doctor waltzed in and wanted to do a physical exam. She did and was able to push the baby's head in, and apparently doing that can reduce the baby's heart beat for a few seconds. In those few seconds, she suddenly started barking instructions to the nurses that the baby was in distress and that I needed to be wheeled in for an emergency C-Section. The baby's heart rate came back up to normal even as the nurses were prepping me for surgery. I was to learn later that even the nurses felt it was very unnecessary and the doctor has a reputation for performing C-Sections when not really required. This set in motion for my subsequent delivery also... my 2nd OB-GYN's practice did not do VBACs :-( I had to have a scheduled C-Section for my second. How I was hoping I would go into labor on my own... did not happen. I never got to experience labor and for that, I am still pissed at my OB-GYN... for taking that away from me.

6. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Is it true that there could be chance of cut opening in second pregnancy? My friend was told the same and operated on her second delivery. Thought cut would heal completely as its natural process.

7. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Was this in public, because haven’t heard GYN rushing for C-sec in a public hospital; have seen in private for various reasons.

8. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

One of my friend also had c-sec being short.

9. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Same with mine, looks like a genuine reason for c-sec

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I don't know if its true or not and my gyno didn't even mention to me. While delivery it was the duty doctor who mentioned it asked if I'm aware of the risk.
    I know one of my friend who had the second baby in the natural process, while the first one was c-section