1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With This Friend

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by bhargavibb, Jan 25, 2018.

1. bhargavibb

bhargavibb New IL'ite

Hello all,
    i have been staying in US since 10 yeras..... so recently one of my friend moved to my place where i am currently living. i was so happy because i met her after 13 years of my college days.all these years i did not have any contacts with any of my college friends excecpt my best friend .so i shared all my personel thing to her she is staying few miles away from me . so regularly we meet each other. now problem is that she is sharing all the information about me with other male friends from college.which i dont like because i am very private person , i dont like people to know about my personal life and life style .but this girl sharing about my day to day life to everyone including my personal matter what ever i shared with her... this became big headache for me. i mentioned her in the begining about my privacy. but with her over enthusiasm she told about me with other male friends.now these boys wants to talk to me and they are keep asking her about me.she asked me many times to talk to them . actually i am not at all comfortable with that. recently she is spreading about me to everybody who ever we had common friends..... like sharing my pics and my family pics. now i strictly told her respect my privacy as i don't like sharing my information to any body. now she reduced her conversation these days but i am sure she will continue the same thing.now i dont know how to handle her. what to do now.

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Stop telling her abt you life .. but if she is ur best friend she will know how to keep it for herself.. u can shut her off or just don't tell her a thing keep general ..

bhargavibb likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Why do your male classmates want to talk to you ? Chumma gossiping / getting back in touch or they want to try their luck after 10 years ?
    I don’t know how you would continue being chaddi buddy with her when you have to watch every little thing you tell her.
    Meet her once in a while and stick to talking about current “affairs” . There’s plenty to talk about some presidents and prime minister’s these days.

sindmani and Archanaanchan like this.
  4. bhargavibb

bhargavibb New IL'ite

because most of my classmates settle here in USA. recently they came to know about that i am also in USA.so they want to be in touch . anyway thanks for your advise sandycandy.

5. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

OP
    You were not in touch with your friend for so many years. All of a sudden if I met my best friend after so many years, I will give myself sometime to understand her as she might not be the same as before. Then based on comfort and trust I would share with her.
    She might be getting some hot news from you so that she can share with the common friends. So I would say stop sharing personal things with her slowly.

sindmani likes this.