1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share our feelings - part 1

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Lavanya,Hope u have fixed the problem in your house.Its hard when something goes wrong in your new home.

Ramya,Wow thats all i got to say.When did you start training Akshith?How did u start give me some tips girl.I would like to start with my LO.

How r u guys doing and how was your weekend?My LO's birthday party went very well and we had tons of fun.
    On my side I think I've hurted my knee somewhere it has been hurting on and off.But sunday morning it just swelled so we headed upto emergency now I'am with knee immobilizer and crutches,after X-ray we found there are no broken bones .They have asked me to keep this for another 3,4 days.If the swelling does not go down I need to followup with an ortho.
    So eventhough its a long weekend poor DH is doing all the work,taking care of me and my son.I hope it gets better tomorrow guys.

2. Ramya Satheesh

Ramya Satheesh Senior IL'ite

yes Sanravi, no more diapers during the day !

My DH used to be a fitness freak sometime back vanathy and he has kind of lost it in the recent years. Actually both of us love outdoor activities and am planning to run the Marathon myself may be next year( if nothing happens by then :wink:)

Priya, Hugs to you girl. hope you are feeling better now. Regarding the training part, i took to the restroom immediately after his nap (when he definetly pees) and made the sssss sound. Also i clapped after he did that and he was so happy to be appreciated. After that once every hour i took him there until his bedtime (i continued that ssss sound for that day). From the next day
    he has started peeing whenever i take him to the restroom and has a big smile on his face and looks at me, wanting me to cheer for him. The funny part is when i take him to the washroon to bathe also he puts in some effort does a little and smiles...

Cheers
    Ramya

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Vanathi, Baundhi is simple to make, just condense/evaporate milk add lil badam mix( i do that!) add chopped previously soaked almonds, fry cashews in ghee and add and lil cardamom powder, thats it, chill and have :)
    I got Foto frame, perfumes for them :) Got only limited time to shop!

Ramya, i too try to practise Vinay by making ssssssssss sound, but i cudnt do it regularly, have to :)

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Girls,

atlast got some time to sit and type in peace:) i'm down with blocked nose and feverish symptoms, weather is bad so aniish stayed home with me. Glad i made that decision because at the usual picking up time it was raining so heavely i'd have been stuck.

It was good to have people around last week. On wednesday we took off leisurely to Austria (about 2 hrs drive but with kids extra one hour) and the cottage we had booked was in the mountains with spectacular views. Since it was getting dark by the time we reached we didn't realise it but when i woke up in the morning oh my it was wonderful, peaceful. Then we did the usual sight-seeing on thursday. See i'm afraid of heights. But we took a cable car ride up the mountains from Innsbruck. I didn't realise that would have any effects on me. But the 2nd step up i started getting this nasty headache and by the time we came down i started throwing up. It was real bad.

I was more worried for the little one if it would affect her as well. So friday i just stayed back in the cottage (this one was in germany itself.. a so so one) while the rest of the gang went out. But we decided to return home that evening itself. We then went to the lake on the way back and had general fun. But it's very difficult with 2 kids. Our friends' boy is allergic to many foods so they're on natural organic (raw) diet.. sort of confusing for me. They took care of everything but with my boy around asking for everything i was embarassed often. On Sat i again stayed back home in the morning and they took a tour of the city.

Only a long nap on Sunday has helped me recover from the weak feeling i had after that throwing up day. May be I'm too optimisitc to go around so soon after delivery and should be cautious. Aniish was quite good, ananya was also cool i was the bottle-nectbonk. But i think they enjoyed well. I have come to a conclusion that i no longer enjoy/appreciate city tours, monuments. At this point vacation for me is staying in a quiet place, have a relaxed time with kids and have no fixed plans...

latha

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Raj, Vanathi, San, Sri and Priya. We have ruled out different sources of leak and we are guessing it is through the tiled walls which often have minute cracks due to settling of the house. So next weekend we are planning to get that fixed and then later see if we still get leaks - hopefully not!

Well as for the weekend, I baked oats-apple bread (recipe from Raj) - it was really yum. I managed to make stuffed shells (pasta), ziti rigati bake and garlic bread. We were able to do some window shopping in the local mall and LO was awestruck seeing the lights and sounds. Hurricane Gustav brought us some showers earlier in the weekend.

Latha and Priya hope you are feeling better soon. (((hugs))). Priya, I hurt the ligaments in my knee sometime back carrying the baby up and down several times in a day - but rest and exercise sure helps. If the pain is too much try ice pack to numb it and reduce the swelling.

Ramya, good for Akshith. Did you start training him only few weeks back or did you start it much earlier? Nice to hear that you guys run regularly. We love to play tennis and used to do so until the past 1 year. Hoping to get back at it soon.

Vanathi, glad to hear that your mil is doing better. So did you get to make your apple pie filling? You can make stewed apples and eat them with vanilla ice cream too. But apple pies and apple cakes are the best if you have some extra time on your hands.

-L.

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Priya and Latha - Hope you both feel better soon!

Latha - The holiday sounds nice. Pity you couldnt enjoy it much. Still I agree with you - with even one kid I am looking only for a peaceful time, so I can imagine 2!

Lavanya - Hope the leak gets fixed. How's the weather been? Read in the paper today that the hurricane is pretty bad.

San - Thanks for the recipe. Will try it out sometime.

Ramya - If I'm guessing correctly you would rather not be in a condition to run any marathons next year right? Hope it happens then ;-)

Aadhu is running all over the place now.....:) finding it so hard to get anything done at all.....

Vanathi.

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Vanathi, we weren't in the direct path of Gustav so we just got rains from outer bands which helps with our drought. But LA and TX did get some pretty nasty rains. It missed New Orleans which is barely recovering from Katrina but this time people paid a little more heed to the warnings and acted with more common sense. Also the government took better preventive steps too. We are still not in the clear as we are expecting Hanna, Ike and Josephine are following close behind - but they don't expect any of these to cause much trouble to the west coast of FL though we may still get rains, which is good.

-L.

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Lavanya, good tat the leak is getting fixed!

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi all, just wanted to stop by and say hi. I browse through all the posts but haven't been getting enough time to reply to anything. We are having a good time. The weekend was really busy with sightseeing and shopping. DH is going back to work tomorrow, so we may just drive around the town and see some places. We may also go for swimmng and take a picnic to the lake or something.

Ramya, how in the world did you potty train your one year old! Impressive!! Share some tips here for us.

Ladies, got to go. It's about 10:30 pm and Riya is still bright eyed and bushy tailed, but thankfully I have help. She's playing with her mami ji right now so I get some time to get on the computer. AAAAhhh, it's good to have family around. :)

Take care everybody.

Raj

10. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi girls, i'm back from a looooooong vacation....im sorry i couldnt keep in touch with y'all for so long...how have you been...looks like lots of things have happened in the meanwhile....lot of babies in this forum have celebrated the first birthday....my bday wishes to all of them...
    after getting back from my vacation, our landlady told us that she might sell our apt...so that got me started on looking at the options of where to move to...and hence the search for good playgroups/preschools for uma..we are also thinking about which kindy she'll go to...here the good kindys and primary schools expect hefty debentures and/or long wait lists...some of the best schools require to have registered as soon as the baby was born for a place at kindy...Rantim also wondering if she should go to traditional kindy or a montissory...any advices?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.