1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

nursing maternity bras

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mahitha, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mahitha

mahitha New IL'ite

hi,
    my sister is expecting a baby in jan,she is in india.
    plang to tak her maternity bras.i dont kno from where to get,brand,shop...,
    i liv in detroit,MI,usa.
    any other suggestions about what to gift her other then bra,plang to tak diaper bag too.i also got bib,sock..,for the baby

thank u

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

cheers for the baby

Hi M,

How abt taking a microwave bottle sterliser? Makes life so easy for the mom and keeps baby healthy.

Also, u can get good rubbersheets with rubber on one side and washable flannel on the other- I have not seen that in India.

Well, even the healthiest babies get an odd sniffle, so, a digital ear thermometer is especially useful for babies- I hear.

Wishing you, your sister and the new baby to be bon all the very best!
    Cheers
    V

2 people like this.
  3. mahitha

mahitha New IL'ite

Thank u Vidhya, do i get rubber sheet in walmart?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mahita,

I amnot sure, but u cld try Mothercare also. Another suggestion is u cld take thermos flask with stainless steel inside. That way yr sis can have hot water for baby's milk ready, and inside being steel, it won't break.

rgds

V

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

hi.

Check in babies R us for braziers.

Thermometer is a good idea and alongwith that, the bulb syringe is one good thing to suck out the flums from the nose. Though my daughter is 2 1/2 yrs, still sometimes, she struggles a lot and this is coming very handy. Not sure abt the availability in India.

If she is going to use diaper in India, then, can buy it from here. Though not in a bulk qty, atleast some for night uses. As many diaper brands causes rashes in India, you can try it as huggies/pampers are a guaranteed ones.

Even, the silicone spoons or any soft spoons can be very useful while start eating solid foods from 4th or 6th month. Also, when comes to cereals, not sure whether oatmeal is available in Cerelac brand though knew the other brands are there. So, seeing on the expiry date, can buy as that particular food can start from 5th month onwards only. I suggest you as it is a tasty and healthy one. Similarly, veggies/fruits comes in small bottles and it can be given from 4th month onwards. No babies will say no to it. You can try the unusual bottle foods only(check the expiry date and make sure it comes for 6 months so that they can use it).

Also, a few sets of disposable bottles are also good in case if she travels for a long distance and cant sterlize.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mahita,

Try to buy a medical kit n u can get all accessories with it like bulb,themometer, nail cutter n a few more items which is really good. I sent to my sis in last December n she felt they r very useful.

I also sent her nursing pads which r very convinient to absorb the excess milk.....

I sent cocoa butter stretch marks cream, diaper rash creams, prenatal tablets that she has to use after her delivary also to strengthen her back bones..... no need of prscriptions

If possible try to take heating pad for her which prevents back pain n gives quick relief........

Well I wish ur sis have a safe delivary with a healthy, beautiful baby n Wish u also happy journey .........

Regards
    Teja..