1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Irritating Mils Sister. Please Suggest What To Do

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Prachi.B, Jan 2, 2018.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

65 is not too old to help for basics.
    Best way to get mil to help is to ask her son to help her out. She should tell her husband to help her as she cannot do so much. Give him vegetables to chop and tell him to clear up the living room .

Getting help for basic cooking and cleaning itself will sort out her problem .

Bigger jobs like washing clothes etc can be done by her in machine. It is no extra effort and old people find that hard.

She should keep a maid for cleaning and mopping.

As for the old lady not talking to your friend....tell her to talk to her in presence of her husband. Let him see how she ignores her. Tell her to politely ask some questions.soon the old lady will find it awkward and she will feel the heat.

If still things don't improve,tell her to join some classes when they come or even fake an emergency at her parents place and go for a vacation.
    Let them take care of themselves. If they can travel,they can cook and clean for themselves.

sumalynux, Dishaa and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi Op,

Since the guests are full time sleeping and resting please ask your friend to convert her house to a hospital or rehabilitation center:tonguewink:.

1. Welcome - Gift them Adult Pads and health tonics and a daily schedule chart (morning to evening).

2. Food: Morning Dalia & tea with no sugar serve them Marie or Zero sugar or low calorie biscuits. Lunch & Dinner Dal Khichdi or Dal rice and boiled sabji (zero spices, less oil, salt and turmeric) just pressure cooked.

I am assuming your friends all problem will be resolved once she manages to implement point no 1 above.

For your friend convenience:

1. Use disposable bowls / plates, glasses and spoon.

2. Hire a maid for house cleaning and laundry.

Who ever complaints please ask your friend to make an innocent face & point out they are full time sleeping because they are ill so she has implemented this setup.

Apart from this, y
    our friend as a token of gratitude give them "Yoga CD's and Bhakti CD's or Rudraksh Chanting beads Return Gift.

sumalynux, Sandycandy and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Lovely suggestions :smilingimp:!! @Dishaa you have come up with ingenious tricks to deal with the lady!
    Actually I think best is hire maid and cook during their stay, that way neither any complaint on their side nor any over work on your side. Slowly seeing these extra arrangements, MIL will stop inviting her sister as it will be a big trouble each time.

Dishaa likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha good idea ! Plus return gift too !

5. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Hahaha

I liked the first point. Can't stop laughing.

Anyhow this time the good news is that only my friend's mil and her irritating sister ( two ladies) are only visiting.

So this time less pressure about the household. But still my friend is tensed as the irritating aunt is visting. First time in life my friend spoke about the irritating aunt to her husband. Husband was not in any mood to talk about his aunt to his mother. Hence my friend i will speak to your mother. But my friend didn't as she knew the matter will get more worse and everybody will start blaming her.

Atlast friend's husband spoke about the aunt to his mother. He told his mother that the aunt never talks to his wife and ignores her (My friend). On that Friend's mil said i don't think so aunt has anything in her mind. And the topic got stopped.

My friend's told that the aunt was also against their marriage. Friend's mil and fil agreed but 15 days before marriage she created a drama at mil's place and told to cancel the marriage.

So the aunt has the problem with my friend from her marriage itself.

This time my friend don't want to see the face of irritating aunt.

I think if the aunt don't likes my friend she shouldn't visit her place.