Views on INDIAN PUBLIC SCHOOL, COIMBATORE,

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Saisakthi, Feb 2, 2012.

1. swaram2576

swaram2576 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Selvi, I am trying it in Coimbatore, will find out more information here.....

Same here, best wishes to your son and to you and family :)

2. L0tus

L0tus New IL'ite

Hi All,

My son is studying at TIPS, Coimbatore. He has been going there since pre-kg, now in 3rd. I have mixed opinions about this school. My son and I find a lot of things that we like about this school. Also there are some aspects I would prefer for the school to change.. but those negatives are not compelling enough for us to change school.. well, i also dont find any other school in cbe which would suit my son's outlook( you can say he is spoilt by going to this school)
    From our parent's point of view, kids generally seem to have it easy studying there.. homeworks are assigned daily, but they are manageable.. in the earlier years, not much hw is given... but as kids progress to higher classes, i find that the hw is quite challenging.
    There is no textbook, they just go by a guide of the topics to cover. The kids are required to think and understand the concepts that they study.. the kids do a lot of drawing and projects to understand the concepts.. there is no textbook to study and write exam on.
    I find the vocabulary to be better than the other school kids.
    I agree that the teachers have to be better trained to handle the IB curriculum. But the teachers and management's general attitude is more child-friendly
    My son loves his school.. I find that he is learning things that I didnt learn at his age and that he enjoys doing it... thats reason enough for me :)

There are always pros and cons in any school.. the choice of school depends on the parent's future outlook for their kids.

3. Mithra2012

Mithra2012 New IL'ite

Hi Selvi,

We are considering coimbatore tips(IB/IGCSE) for our kids (Middle & Primary) who are currently in US, did you happen to put your kid in tips, any experience you share would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Mithra

4. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Mithra,

I did not put my son in TIPS, cbe. Right now both my kids are attending a cbse school in Tiruppur. Please go through this thread and you can find useful information regarding the school you are looking at. Good luck!

5. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite