Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. shashiroy

shashiroy New IL'ite

What all non veg must we intake and what to avoid ?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't think there is must category with non veg. Try to include protein and fiber in your diet during pregnancy. Its helps a lot.
    If you have low HB count in blood, you can try red meat and liver.
    Fishes might help you to get dhea supplements.
    All the best.

3. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies
    A quick question. How much weight gain is ideal during pregnancy? I am in my 17th week and has already gained 7kgsBut my doctor (I am in US ) suggesting me to not gain at this rate!
    In fact my apetite is reduced now ,still dont know how am putting on so much weight.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

For an average person 25 To 35 pounds will be ideal. Check the following link.

Sensible Weight Gain During Pregnancy
    Check what you are eating. Eat more veg and fruits. Watch calories.

Indeevara likes this.
  5. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion!

6. nishajeni

nishajeni New IL'ite

I too have no cravings for any particular food item. I just eat whatever tastes good :p

7. radhadhiraj

radhadhiraj New IL'ite

Same here im eating wtever i feel like ..when does the craving period starts up ...im newly preganant 7 weaks now

8. AalokaMalik

AalokaMalik New IL'ite

So true!!

9. GopiKani

GopiKani Senior IL'ite

The time of pregnancy is very risky and this is why one must follow their doctor's instructions, only eating healthy can't help. Along with healthy foods, one also needs to do some easy workouts suggested by doctors.
    To know more you may follow - Useful Workout Tips For Women During Pregnancy

10. DivyaGarbh

DivyaGarbh New IL'ite

• Lentils- 1 cup contains 358 mcg which accounts 90% of your daily requirement.
    • Green vegetables – green vegetables have the highest amount of folic acid which accounts for 65 mcg to 223 mcg in one cup of boiled vegetables. Such as spinach contains 223 mcg of folic acid in 1 cup of boiled spinach
    • Celery – have one cup of raw celery and provide your body about 36 mcg of folate, accounting for about 9% of your daily needs.
    • Corn – Just one cup of cooked corn will blend you with approximately 34 mcg of folic acid, accounting for almost 9% of your daily needs.
    • Beets – provide you with approximately 148 mcg of folate, accounting for 34% of your daily needs.
    • Cauliflower –Just one cup of cauliflower will give you about 55 mcg of folate, accounting for 14% of your required daily value.
    • dried beans, peas, and nuts
    • Avocado – holds up to 110 mcg of folate per cup, which fulfill approximately 28% of your daily needs.
    • dark green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, collard or turnip greens, okra, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus
    • Citrus fruit and juice- citrus fruits contain about 40 mcg per fruit to 200mcg eg. Papaya contains 115 mcg while orange 40mcg.
    • carrot – it will provide you 5% of your daily requirement of the folic acid.
    • Broccoli – Just one cup of broccoli provides approximately 26% of your daily folic acid needs, say yes to broccoli now.
    • Asparagus – Eating one cup of boiled asparagus provides 262 mcg of folic acid, which accounts 65% of your daily needs.
    Know more from DivyaGarbhSanskar

I hope it helps!