1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Return To India Causing Disagreement

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shreema86, Dec 8, 2017.

1. halloworld

halloworld New IL'ite

What a positive reply. Thank you dear.
    Am not that organised, my messed up home is perfect example for it. But ya neither of us any problem with it. My main motto is to spend good time with my kids.. I love their company, and they love mine.
    We both are in our 30's. I am a very family oriented person. I like being around my parents and relatives. I have no issues with my Inlaws too. They are loving too, and i am pretty sure my inlaws love me too. I wanted to have big social life, but this current lifestyle doesn'T give me that provision. I don't know if it is age or country, i find it difficult to make friends and even more to sustain one. I would love to host get togethers or dinners but currently it is difficult for me.. Because whatever time i have during weekend it goes in laundry, cleaning and playing with kids. I am hoping it gets better in future.
    I can afford to have my parents and Inlaws every year for few months here. That is my plan for now, to have them over here if they are willing to come. I like their company.

2. halloworld

halloworld New IL'ite

Laks09,

I love your posts on parenting. Thank you for your reply. I tell my husband the same thing. But he is finding it difficult to decline the interview for some reasons.
    @Rakhii : Thank you for your reply.

Citizenship process takes anything from 6 months to 1 year. But if it happens that we go back, i am not sure if i want to come back again. It ll be too much to go through emotionally. Plus I can't land in the same job again. Job market isn't so easy here. So even if we come back it will be long time before it gets same like now.
    IS it really worth taking the risk of going back and then come back?

Laks09 likes this.
  3. halloworld

halloworld New IL'ite

Thank you Sindmani. We have our own challenges, but at the end of the day we are happy together. And most of the times we have each others support.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How is it going now? My suggestion is, apply for the citizenship now, regardless halloworld. It doesnt have to be for this job; just apply and keep it. Even if it takes 6 months. You are not going to lose Indian citizenship until you surrender it, which you will only after you get the citizenship here. So, just apply and keep it.
    For me OCI took while.

Where will you go in India? I hope its not metropolitan places like Mumbai; i mean there is nothing wrong with Mumbai but if you are worried about pollution and all, its not a place to be.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks! Made my day!

Maybe he thinks this is an opportunity he doesn’t want to miss. In that case, if he gets through, he might not be able to decline the offer all that easily.
    Btw, make sure your husband is looking at future growth prospects(5-6 years ahead) if he talks about taking this up.
    I have seen people go and not have a clear progress path beyond the first promotion. That shouldn’t be the case if he’s giving all this up to go.

From personal experience never say never. I didn’t want to come back and didn’t want citizenship but I’m glad I got it. I could come back with a special needs child. I had no way of predicting that. We never know what will happen in the future. What if either of your employer give you an offer you cannot resist? You have the experience, if I were to look for someone to send from India to set something up in that country, I’d pick you. At such times, citizenship shouldn’t be the reason you give up on opportunity.

Good luck! You will do great either way.

6. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

There is no need to think twice.
    Continue to live in Germany.

A manager post in India and an engineer job in Germany cannot be compared. Germany offers more money,stabilty, social security and better working ambience. Living standards and convenience cannot even be compared too.

It is not a wise decision to go back, unless some untold reasons which is known only to her DH.

7. halloworld

halloworld New IL'ite

Thank you all for so many wise inputs. The interview went well, and as expected DH got an offer too, last few days had been bit physically stressful for me, lot of running around, so i had told DH that whatever is his decision i ll be fine with it, he can be assured that i ll be happy either ways. But he declined as they wanted him to relocate to another country for 3 years for formal training and then head to India. It dint make sense.
    I have come to realization that all i need is good health and togetherness, rest will fall in place.
    It is funny to even think how angry i got over the Situation. I think with time i got the perspective. :)

BhumiBabe, Laks09 and sindmani like this.
  8. halloworld

halloworld New IL'ite

Dear @Shreema86 :

I tried to create a different thread in Friendship forum but i get a message that i don't have rights.. So since you posted this thread, I have something to tell about you and Us, so here it goes:

More than a decade back I met u.. We became friends instantly and bestest friends in no time. We had best of times together and worst of fights too (now those fights seem silly and only out of possessiveness). Years passed by, many people came and went out of my life, but till now only you are my BFF. I don't think i'll have another friend even 0.1% as close and as dear as you. My life seems bit busy because of kids right now but i will be there to listen to what you have to say atleast. In spite of your own problems, you never fail to listen to my silliest of problems and assure me of positive times. I can't thank you enough. God has been very kind to me for giving a friend like you. I wish to relive those old days, night outs, hanging out in cafe/college/canteen, eating panipuri and so much more. But i for sure know those days wont come back. But even with age i don't ever want those memories to fade away. I wish we never grew up, i wish we never came out of that small town... Or better, i wish we both stayed in same place now and forever. I miss you, I miss our gang.. I miss your birthday treats :)
    A very happy birthday @Shreema86 , i wish you peace and happiness...
    <3 <3 <3

Laks09 and Shreema86 like this.