1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women Entering Sanctums .......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jeeves, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

I do appreciate your view point Rihana. You can do what you wish to, if you have no qualms about what you are doing:)))

2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

I appreciate your viewpoint Rihana.
    If you have no qualms about what you are doing, it is fine :)

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

4. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you Krish for the explanation here:)
    I am merely placing here what the temple authorities told me and showed me regarding NASA:)

5. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

6. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Madam Iravati
    I have written here nothing about Babas or charlatans here nor have I asked anyone to follow these people.
    I HAVE JUST TALKED ABOUT GRANITES AND THEIR PROPERTIES.
    If you wish to believe, please do so. If you don't it is fine !

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Jeeves
    Yes ma'am, out there are numerous spurious pseudo science claims mentioning NASA to make them sound authentic.

yellowmango and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What temple authorities tell and show regarding NASA and matter printed in a religious magazine does not in any way mean 'scientifically proven.'

There is nothing wrong in trying to show that ancient practices have some logic or science behind them. We have had many threads too where the possible science behind religious practices was discussed at depth for pages. But 'proven by NASA' label is a different thing. It needs formal evidence or a graceful retraction of the claim.

yellowmango likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

I was always worried I was living too close to the launching station of NASA and any malfunction could result in the space shuttle landing in our backyard. It gives me a lot of comfort to see many are very appreciative of the scientists in NASA as though they are demi-gods. I have interacted with many who developed programs for docking the space shuttle into the space station. They explained how those development efforts were flawed several times before implementation.The real question I have is even if NASA scientists were to agree that Satellites do malfunction when they cross Thirunallar, will it make the claim more authentic? They are humans too and are bound to make mistakes. When a spacecraft's pieces fell scattered in various states with live astronauts, our heart broke. There are several claims including pinpointing the time the Adam's bridge was built (thrrough satellite images), the oceanographic study of sunk Dwaraka, etc. from scientists. They are inconclusive. I read them for educational/ entertainment value. I study the epics for it's value and not for it's authenticity. Similarly, I read Jeeves post for the information about ancient architecture and study of properties of granite stones. Let us not prosecute @Jeeves for submitting her opinion even if there are apparent errors. After all, this post is not a dissertation that she needs to defend. There is no need for her to retract anything she said in her posts as someone like Kamala has already published a correction with reasons. Take it easy.

Viswa

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    HazelPup, Sunburst, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra, I usually do not respond to posts that talk about demi-gods of NASA or suggest that I "take it easy", but this is from you, so. OP has called Iravati's responses as sick, bombastic, and much more, and also commented very negatively about IL and ILites (people spewing venom, land of the ignorant and much more), and given lots of gyan about how such discussions should be conducted. My response was to nominate Iravati's posts for FP and to give some gyan here about scientific proof.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    yellowmango likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.