Problem In Getting Passport

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by harinikanthi, Nov 8, 2017.

1. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi ilites, on sep 18th my daughter applied for passport in the passport kendra, aminjikarai,chennai.she gave voter's ID as her proof.there our street name is given in the lower part.but in the upper part according to the electorate division some other street name is also given.the employee at the ok told her only the first mentioned area only they ll take into consideration.my daughter could not contact us as mobile is not allowed inside.she asked some person who is from our area about this problem.he said u just agree to what they tell.later we can get it from the post office telling that we have changed our address now and for verification u can go to police station in person.so she agreed and proceeded with the process.after 3weeks we went to police station for verification.but police didn't agree to I'd proof we gave.but he didn't send any adverse report immediately.we didn't know what to do.everyone suggested to give bribe and finish the job.bit it was not easy for us.only yesterday we got the SMS from passport office that we got adverse report from police regarding current address.what we have to do now?we are waiting for the letter from the passport office.then have to go to there and give our explanations.what we can request for either reverification for the correct address or cancel the process and apply freshly.which is good and not time consuming.totally confused.now only she got her Aadhar card.ll they agree to it.it is perfect with regard to address and everything.with the voter's ID last time she voted.there were no issues.she needs this passport for applying to forien internship during her next semester.
    I know it is too lengthy.but I cannot avoid it.please suggest something....in this regard.

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

My suggestion would be to reapply in tatkal,but you will need two perfect address proof without issue when you are applying through this and adhaar card is mandatory.Give same address as it is adhaar card otherwise they'll hold you saying not matching with proof.

3. harinikanthi

Thanks for ur reply.we got showcase notice from the passport office.we went to the office and clarified what had happened.they asked for a letter stating that hw long we are staying in the current address.the officer recommended for reverification to our permanent address.now waiting for police verification.after that we ll get our passport through post. The officer should be convinced of our answer.we should clearly explain what had happened and should not hide any information and accept our mistake.because they r the deciding authority.they may charge penalty and cancel passport if they find any misinterpretation of facts.the whole process is an eye opener for me.we have to double check our proof before submitting them.better we can avoid voters id as proof.because most of the voters id has many mistakes .So aadhar card is best otherwise bank pass book can be given.hope my experience benefit somebody in indusladies.

bhagya85 likes this.
  4. harinikanthi

It is show cause notice and not showcase notice.