1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Perks Of 'xx' Chromosomes!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Sindmani, OP’s mil may actually be right, it really may take extra precautions to give birth to a baby boy since you know so many of these boys grow up to be the “ gro**rs “ that moms can’t be proud of, so sure, extra precautions are needed for that one among the few good baby boys!! OTOH, all girls are nice , so no extra effort needed! :)

Sindhu, good to see u! Hope you are doing well.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

. Sometimes I feel we r lucky enough at least when compared to some women who are discriminated by own family members for being a girl. Lately we met my husband's friend's family where they had 6 years daughter and 3 year old son. This mom herself told me that "SHE LIKED HER SON more than her daughter " could clearly see her pampering her son and making the girl do more work(compared to the child's age of 6 years) in the kitchen . I literally cried seeing that open discrimination . her daughter is unaware as she is a child. She told when the girl was a single child she loved her so much but once her son was born her love shifted to her son and her daughter is secondary. I feel the father was better as he saw both the children equally. There are good men around , I sure if every mom brings up her son well , women will have good life.

Naari likes this.
  3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

I too have experienced similar situation with my in-laws. I m trying to get pregnant but no good news yet.
    Recently me and my DH we're watching movie 'Dangal', and in the movie the said actor is happy have daughters who fulfilled his dream. And daughters always have a special place in the family.
    And me being a single daughter always heard form my father that I always make his day happy and bright. I said the same to my DH, and he responded that 'my mum would want us to have a boy first' . I responded that what should happen if we had daughter first.
    He didn't reply anything. All he said next was look at all the cousins, all of them have boys first.

I don't know what is the issue here. Men like women who work equally with them, or who prove themselves in different places be it in CEO ,Civil Service, Politics or Spots be it any field.
    But why not accept d daughter being born in the family.

What's the issue here. Who is to blame.

Rupz

sindmani likes this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I think you need to have a chat with him about the birds and the bees.:roflmao:

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic post ! As a teenager many many years ago I was self- proclaimed feminist . Today I have come to be very wary of the word and the ideology it represents . I didn't realize just how much until DS1 disturbed by some of the recent articles by the "feminists" of today asked me on our walk " Amma are u a feminist ?" I thought long and hard and said "No kanna not the way they refer to it today. "

sweetsmiley likes this.
  6. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

What your MIL said about taking care of boy baby is 100% true.. we need little more caution than girl babies. it is scientifically proven too.. please google and read that info...

I think we need to analyze some of the scientific facts behind the elders talk before give our opinion...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080324173552.htm

7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Sweet smiley the fact u have provided and what op's mom in law told are not same. She told that the new mom (of boys)should be more responsible in taking right nutrients. Fine as u say let us take in good spirit for our own sanity.

Shalumurthy likes this.
  8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

hahaha.... However, if a man wants to farm out the job to proven cousins, ain't that their bizness?

Shalumurthy likes this.
  9. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Yeah, might be!!:)

10. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

My dear Rihanna,

This post is not about feminism neither I'm here to pass the blame. This is a post which states the sad reality of the world. Might be you haven't been a victim of a woman putting another woman down but trust me, it hurts badly. I simply chose to put my MIL as the other woman, nothing else. In my post I want you to consider her as another woman who chooses to magnify manhood as a symbol of status.

First of all, I took my marriage loans and yeah, I contributed for it. I don't think it was necessary to put in all those information. Secondly, I'm not cherry-picking the traditions. Anything that will put another woman or a girl down, I'm against it! A new mother irrespective of the gender of the child requires special nutrition. Please let's stop with that. Again this is my opinion.

I've excused the man cause I didn't want to write about it! It's as simple as that. I wanted to write about woman belittling woman so I stuck with the topic. If you want to go ahead with criticising the man, please do!

As you said so yourself, nothing is black and white. For you moving out, living in a nuclear family, saving might be an option but for many women, it isn't. They might have their own reasons and I'm not here to judge. Everybody fights their own battles. I wanted my post to share the grief of these women and even if one woman could be a little braver or raise their son or daughter to be the change they want to see, I'm content.

Cheers,
    Shalu