Need info on these schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by minnu2006, Oct 22, 2007.

1. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Please provide your inputs on these schools :
    BOAZ public school,
    DAV schools at Velachery and Adambakkam
    Good Earth school

I am planing to enrol my child for LKG - please provide info with respect to reputation, standard of education, extra curricular activitries, fee strutcture, teacher - student ration etc.

Thanks,

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Minnu,
    as far as I know almost all the above schools have their own website, so you could check their fee structure and student-teacher ratio, extra curricular activities etc. But I could give you details about reputation, standard of education.

Good Earth School is of Icse Syllabus, it is a good school and you could put your kid in there if you are not so concerned about the distance. For more details about this school why dont you PM LataMurali. Her son is studying there.

Boaz School is of CBSE syllabus.

Dav schools are generally too good, but they are a long distance if you stay in and around East Tambaram.

3. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I was looking for personal inputs from folks whose children or relatives go to these schools. Websites always present the rosy picture! and yes, Latha did give me very good inputs on Good Earth.

BTW, I was not able to locate websites of BOAZ and DAV velachery and Adambakkam. Please share if you have the websites urls.

Thanks!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi minnu,

Both DAV adambakkam and velachery dont have urls.

Dav adambakkam, from people i know...is ok. if you want the muggingup and academic stuff it is ok...(Straight from two people..one ex-student and another whose child is in the school)

Dav Velachery also the same.everyyear they find ways of increasing your expenditure...(a friend whose kids go to the school...)...they feel the school is ok..

From experience, the parents whose kids are in that particular school, just come out with ok...very few good rating for a school...why????

5. jayashrivijay

jayashrivijay New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am also moving to Tambaram, probably in May. I am also on the look out for CBSE school for my son, for 1st std. We will be staying at a place called " Rajakilpakkam".

With the info i have collected, there are only 2 CBSE schools close by to this place.
    1) BOAZ Public school
    2) Sreevatsa Vivekananda Vidhyalaya at Chitlapakkam

Would any of you please, give me any info abt the 2 schools on a personal level ( or through friends whose kids are studying in any of these schools), ASAP, as i would have to look for admissions immediatly for the coming academic year.

Thanks,
    JayashriVijay

6. sowms77

sowms77 New IL'ite

My daughter is currently studying in UKG in East Tambaram.I am planning to shift my daughter to one of DAV adambakkam or velachery.Can anybody tell me which one is better?how is St.Britto's academy compared the two schools?Is there any otehr school around velachery thats better than teh 3 schools.Any pointer will be of great help.

Thanks,
    sowmya s.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya,

My kids go to St.Britto's Academy. Than the other two schools you have mentioned, I prefer sba. there are other schools like ashram, arsha vidyamandir, gurunanak (not cbse), in the surrounding.

if you want more details do ask....

8. kaverivenkat

kaverivenkat Bronze IL'ite

DAV schools doing very well.

kaverivenkat

9. poorikumar

poorikumar New IL'ite

shanvy...

can u tell what syllabus they follow...and how much it costs approximately for an yr?? my son will be going to 2nd..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

St.Brittos school fees expected to increase next academic year along with lot of other schools...

Right now, I pay around 25k as 3 term fees and around 5/6k as van fees for my son who is in vth.

The fees for a second standard would come around 25k next year distributed into 3 terms, exclusive of books and transport..if you include it could go to the range of 35k per annum..

I am expecting it to be in the range of 35k to 40k for my kids next academic year, as both take french...which draws an addition of 1000rs per term....