1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Building Positivity In Married Life Forum

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Induslady, Mar 1, 2014.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

But she is working for 14 hours, why can't she sit little bit idle at home. Does only cooking and cleaning house count as work?? And working 14 hours outside comes to nought? Is a woman a machine?? It's easy to say but not practically possible for everyone to be superwoman.

2. mysteriousone

mysteriousone New IL'ite

Thank you.

3. mysteriousone

mysteriousone New IL'ite

Thank you

4. mysteriousone

mysteriousone New IL'ite

True. My husband completely understands this. He helps me without his mother knowing. But one phone call from her is enough to take the life out of me

5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

This is a long process that keeps going with every day with every condition. Some of the things that one can do are:
    Listen to some nice pravachan of whosoever u like
    Try to understand more aspects of taking each condition. Each condition is partially positive and negative. Try to find out positive in that.
    Try not to think negative about other person. It gives a lot of stress to our mind. And what's the use when we cannot change that person. Everything is going to be same with him even if we think too much.
    Try to keep each thought creative and positive. Even if u are doing nothing or busy in work.
    Meet more to those whom u like
    Go for vacation after regular interval. It helps a lot.
    Try to take out time for yoga and meditation. Only half hour will do a big change. But it should be regular.
    Believe in ur individuality. Don't get upset with others thoughts or success. No two person can be same in any way.

6. Swethavenky

Swethavenky New IL'ite

Hi friends,has anyone ever felt that husband is not sharing things as we do,how do u overcome this?I am not able to accept when my husband doesn't share things especially about his friends,including school girl friends.also when he speaks lot of things with his friends but not more with me except the next day's samayal.I had told him many times to share everything ,but he doesn't,.He says if he doesn't open up,I start asking,. I am not comfortable in asking him everyday,What should I do now?Why I am not able to tolerate if he spends time with his friends?

7. RamyaShreeVnky

RamyaShreeVnky New IL'ite

good go.. especially for marriage life! coz some women cudnt share their views abt marriage life to ppl they know! hopefully this is a good site for learning as well..

8. VeronikaRao

VeronikaRao New IL'ite

When you got married to someone in the arranged marriage scenario, you enter into a new phase of life and you should follow some healthy and good habits to lead a happy married life.
    • The First and most important rule of married life is to treat your spouse as your best buddy before you treat your spouse as husband/wife .
    • Build a good understanding with your spouse.
    • Always understand the point that you two are from different world, so you don’t need to force your views and opinion on your spouse, rather share it in a more constructive way.
    • Give individual space and freedom to your spouse as marriage doesn’t mean end of the world or end of every other relationship.
    • Build and develop trust on each-other. It is important for any relationship to have trust on each-other.
    • Try to help each-other in all possible ways. Helping doesn’t restrict or limited to household things but beyond that as well.
    • Understand the professional limitations of each-other, therefore don’t have wrong/false expectations from each-other in terms of timing, salary and other things.
    • Don’t force the other one to do the things which you like most, rather explore new things together and learn about the things which you like doing together as couple.
    • Share and discuss more with your spouse. He/she is not blessed with telepathy that he/she will understand what is going on in your mind.
    • Instead of raising your voice when you are annoyed with something, share your disagreement or annoyance in constructive way.
    • Don’t fight to release your office or personal frustration on your spouse, rather avoid fighting as much as you can.
    • Develop the habit of praising each-other even for small things. If you know he/she is good with something don’t hesitate say that “ You are too good” to your spouse.
    • Don’t treat your spouse as sex toy or object. Respect each-other and always accept NO in a more positive manner.
    • Never shout on your spouse in front of family/friends and other people. Limit your fight to you bedroom only.
    • Never involve anyone else in your fights/arguments you are not kids that you need some to solve your fights.
    • If you had a fight with your spouse don’t expect only he/she will initiate a talk and you will never try things to patch up with him/her.
    • Don’t drag your ego in-between the talks and discussions.
    • Don’t fight for the family. You are a team and both the families are your family. Therefore, it is useless to fight over this.
    5 Steps to Create Positive Change in Your Marriage or Relationship:

1. Learn to communicate effectively.
    2. Fully own it.
    3. Understand it.
    4. Change your brain.
    5. Give yourself a break.
    Love Problem Solution | By Pandit Piyush Sharma

yellowmango, srividya19 and MonikaSG like this.
  9. Sushi86

Sushi86 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Nice group to discuss...I'm facing a problem from past 6months.my in-laws recently swifted to place where we live just 15mins distance.Husband want to visit often after office or on Sundays.I often feel Sundays to relax or going out.but he tries to meet or they ask us to join them.I feel sat,Sundays are relaxing days .But every Sunday same.He doesn't force me to join him.But I feel lonely.it's been 9yrs of married life never complaint much about anything .I doesn't want to spend all weekends with them .I mentioned this to him.but they get many reasons to do same.im feel lonely .I also mentioned him that we shall meet once in a while but not same routine sundays..Just thought of sharing..So can get good suggestions....thankyou.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  10. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Try asking him to go out with you for just one weekend every month and make it fun including something that interests him as well. Then you can think of two and hopefully three weekends as well :)

vaidehi71 likes this.