1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am A Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 24, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I AM A HYPOCRITE

1. I talk of corruption but I know it started from the very house I live in. I did not report the builder who made me pay a substantial portion of the cost in cash. Though I had no black money but I helped him creating it.
    2. I talk of ethics but scum to temptations when it comes to saving VAT or service tax while buying goods and services if the provider tells me that not insisting for a receipt will amount to substantial savings in taxes to me as no tax will be charged.
    3. I talk of nation building but use all tactics to save Income and Wealth tax and name it clever tax planning by taking advantage of the loopholes in law.
    4. I talk of equal justice but appoint the best lawyer to defend myself against a crime committed by me knowingly or unknowingly.
    5. I talk of castles, classless, colorless and creedless society but shyaway having my meal with the lower cast man I know.
    6. I talk of presence of God in all humans but do not allow some to enter my house. I talk of His presence everywhere but look for him in temples.
    7. I talk of women empowerment and women emancipation but pray for a male child.
    8. I pretend to be humble but wear so many masks.
    9. I pretend to do daily puja but am unable to focus my mind and still continue doing because I have been doing it for all these years.
    10. I talk of hating sycophancy and avail all opportunities of maskafying (buttering)for my benefit or earning a few brownie points.

I am submitting this blog and hoping people appreciate my candid admission and come forward to own at least a few if not all or better still give more such examples of hypocrisy.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hariji, A note to you & note to self too since we all can be hypocrites sometimes. We humans derive a lot of satisfaction by making admission & confessions & think our job is done at that stage since we could be honest to admit it. But after the first time, that honesty has no meaning unless we make an attempt to change ourselves too. Admission of guilt doesn't make it right unfortunately! Just some food for thought.

3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Chalo here’s my hypocrisy : I try not to be judgemental but totally judge men that think of women as objects with no brains , thoughts and ideas.

4. HariLakhera

Dear Naari,
    A journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step. It's food for thought, undoubtedly. May be it will still be true about me till the last. But then, I think that's why there is a provision for confession. This at least is a wake up call as it is never too late.

Jeeves, sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  5. HariLakhera

Dear Sandycandy,
    Good one. Add to this one more hypocrisy :
    "We are friends, we don't judge each other. We judge others together."
    I totally agree with you what men thinks of women because I am one of them. But I am totally ignorant of what women think of men.
    You may also refer to point 7. Don't you think women love to have male child?
    Well both men and women are hypocrite in equal measure.

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Hariji,
    Your thoughts are very male-ficent! I must enlighten you that most women are happy to be mothers to both daughters and sons. It’s Naya Zamana but some of your thoughts are still purana . Walk with the times , treat us as human beings not objects Ji ! It’s high time !

7. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I skimmed through this post in the morning but after seeing few responses here , I had to re-read this post in my free time . I am aghast that this is coming from someone whose few posts I have liked in the past . Such good writers but such low thinking ! After all is this what a mother , wife , sister, daughter and every woman out there is reduced to ? And here we continue to strive for women empowerment when even educated and well learned people think of women as so low . No wonder people like Harvey Weinstein and their likes continue to exist and proliferate in this world .

Good going ladies @Naari ,@Sandycandy .

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

We are not very spiritually evolved or disciplined. So honesty truthfulness sincerity doesn't come very easily to us. Either we practice these out of fear or habit since few values have stayed in our beliefs. You or I aren't alone in this. We hate rules of any form -right from queuing up either at bus stop or temples, payments or delivery counters, we are ever ready to jump lights at signals, if police isn't lurking around the corners. We own house, drive cars, eat out party hard yet hate to pay our taxes, we love imported stuff but won't pay duties and create a fuss, call up big daddy or whosoever. We are against dowry per se but will throw away wealth at our weddings, gift our daughters extravagantly and pretend it wasn't dowry. If we aren't taking responsibility for our omissions then admissions don't make sense. It's a failure of our value system or sanskar.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The biggest hypocrite is a person who says he/she is not a hypocrite. All of us rage against corruption but wouldn't mind greasing a few palms to get our work done faster.

10. glimmer

glimmer Bronze IL'ite

I couldn't resist myself from writing in here.
    I face the same problem of not being able to focus when in prayers my mind is always wandering away. I wonder if l have done any evil deeds and this is is the repercussions. I am always criticised by my husband for judging people even before I know them and not 'screening' a person before talking to them although l openly deny this there is some degree of truth in what he says.