1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Costco Shopping List

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Amica, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I recommend Kirkland EVOO. I like it more than most other brands. :thumbsup:

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. Rihana

After getting done with check-out, do you guys check the receipt for any double charges or higher than expected charges? I usually don't, but better-half insists. And to his credit, a few times we did find some item double charged (scanned twice or if we buy 3, we get charged for 4) or charged more than the cost. The double charge happens because the "helper" would hold up an item from the bottom of the cart for the cashier to scan. And put it back. Later, cashier would scan item in bottom of cart again.

I am torn. After getting done with the checkout, I simply want to take the cart and move to the shortest line at store exit. And the mind is already thinking ahead whether there is enough "clear" space in the trunk.

Do you check the receipt after checkout at Costco? I don't, but I do keep an eye on the cost of each item as they are rung up.

The other funny thing is sometimes the cashier tells better-half to "you can swipe you card" meaning he can swipe the card before all items have been rung up. He says no, cashier pauses to understand his no, and effectively any time that would have been saved by his swiping the card early is doubly lost. : )

Amica and justanothergirl like this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

hahah ...same here. I typically don't look at any receipt until I decide to return it/ DH always checks though I sincerely doubt how much he registers :p
    Now that u say u have been double charged I will be more careful.
    About the swiping before checking out all the items ..u are only beginning the transaction (sort of like at the gas pump) the amount will be charged at the end :)

Amica and Rihana like this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I like this idea of pre-swiping. One time, we waited in line behind a customer with a loaded trolley. After all his purchases were scanned, he ran to his car to get his wallet. If the cashier had asked him to swipe first, it would have saved us all a lot of time.

I don't. The guys at the door sometimes alert people who have been overcharged. I'll start checking now that I've read your post.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I check receipts at all stores religiously. It has never happened at Costco so far, but sometimes at other places they have rung up extra items or not included the sale price or coupons.

Rihana likes this.
  7. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I would like to know about buying auto insurance through costco. Heard its cheaper. Costco provides this through a third party called Ameriwood insurance. So i am concerned about customer service and claim settlements. If any of you bought insurance here, kindly share your experience.

Amica likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@kalainat, I have no experience with getting insurance through Costco. I hope someone in the know will respond to you soon.

I'd be curious to know what happens to the insurance if you cancel Costco membership down the road.

9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Costco has started charging a three dollar delivery fee per item. :(

I used to order everything except produce online. Now I'll have to trudge to the store. :unamused:

10. Rihana

But behana, Google Express hai na? Google Express

Shop minimum of $35 and free delivery. From Costco, Target and many other stores.

momsky and Amica like this.