pregnant with PCO'S need good gyn in torrance

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sirikari, Jan 22, 2011.

1. sirikari

sirikari New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Home tests say that im pregnant.But i'm not sure how many weeks pregnant i'm since i'm suffering from PCO's from the last 7 months and used to have periods for every 2.5 months.And when ever i had period i was bleeding continously for 10 days.Doctor suggested me to take Metformin 3 times a day.I'm obese so doc asked me to control my weight.I started practing yoga and in november i got my periods for 25 days.But again i missed my period in dec so thought that it might be PCO effect.1 month back i checked and the pregnancy tests showed negative.I was waiting for my period but from the last 5 days im having vomiting sensation,and other symptoms so i checked it yesterday and the preg test gave a +ve result.now i just want to see a good gyn who can deal with women who are pregnant with PCO"s as i read many negative things about preg women with PCo's......Please suggest me a Good gyn in Torrance,CA

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sirikari,
    Welcome to Indus ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Just chill down. Don't worry. Continue your metformin until meeting a gynec. Eat healthier food! Hope everything will go fine inside!
    Take care.

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi Srikari,

Congrats on ur pregnancy. Im from Torrance too and I also had PCOS. I currently go to Dr. Sharda Bhasin...she is covered by my insurance and is not too bad in my opinion. My friend here had her delivery with this doctor recently and she had everything normal and an event free pregnancy. I dont think she had PCOS though...I juz took a chance since I cudnt find any other doctors covered by UHC and having better reviews. Dont take PCOS seriously now...for all Ive heard of, PCOS will try to not get u pregnant due to anovulation but once uve crossed that hurdle, u shud be fine...I was asked to discontinue Metformin after 3 months...yet to go for my GD test but I wont be surprised if I end up having it bcoz of the amount of sweets Ive been eating these days. All the Best and will let u know shud I hear of any other better doctors here.

5. sirikari

sirikari New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

thank you very much for the suggestions....i went to Doctor Nagamani P.Nadella....She's experienced and seems to be ok....she said that evrything is fine for now......

6. vmohata

vmohata New IL'ite

Hi,

I am due on Nov and looking for someone who can provide massage to new born and me after delivery.

Please share contact details if you know someone.