1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homework Apps.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by leena999, Oct 8, 2017.

1. leena999

leena999 Silver IL'ite

Short story on how my son gained confidence

How my son became confident again

Aarya is a bright child but like most kids his age, he is shy in front of others. I make sure that he is a part of most activities in his school. But he is always a reluctant participant and prefers being in the background rather than in the forefront.
    As a mother, I have tried very hard to instill confidence in him.

Recently the science department of Aarya’s school wanted the children to be a part of Modi Ji’s Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan. This was an extension of the earlier Swachh campaign which had been a mass movement for cleanliness. He and his class had to submit a science project related to the cleanliness theme. The school wanted to put up a full-fledged exhibition revolving around this Abhiyan.
    What were the new age ideas of the younger generation?

I sat down with Aarya and we decided to make a Smart Green City on a display board for this science project.
    He was excited but also seemed to be a little hesitant. I knew what he was thinking and getting bothered about. I had attended the previous science fair and was amazed at the competition and creativity involved. All the children had submitted very elaborate projects. My son was worried about not being good enough.
    I told him to put in his best and forget about the rest.

We sat down to make the base display board for our Smart Green City. This was done by flattening 2 shoe boxes which were then covered with brown paper. Luckily, I had recently invested in an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage Printer which really came to my rescue at tough time like this.
    It is so much easier to print and stick things in the comfort of your own home which saves you endless time and energy.

I needed a couple of buildings, some lampposts, green trees, playgrounds and a road for the Smart Green City. Earlier I would have had to run to the nearby market for coloured paper or cut pictures from magazines and books for similar projects. This would have been cumbersome and more time consuming for me.
    But thanks to the changing technology, I now have wireless printing and scanning on my fingertips, literally. Handling ‘fatafat’ homework is a wonderful reality now.

I inserted some glossy paper into my printer and chose some templates online for the pictures that I wanted. It was so easy that Aarya did most of the work. I had already invested in different coloured ink cartridges earlier.

I got my bright lab quality prints and I simply had to cut and stick them on the display board.
    In between I ran errands to the nearby market. But I had downloaded the HP Smart App onto my smartphone which had me always connected to my printer.
    So, whenever I got a new idea for my son’s school project, I tapped the app and gave my printing commands. This made sure the pictures were waiting before I reached home from the market.

Once the colourful pictures were ready, I helped Arya use his imagination to cut, paste, crinkle and mould to make the science display come alive.
    The final result was so enchanting that his project was shortlisted to be a major display at the science exhibition.

There was a glow of confidence and pride on Aarya’s face that was unmatched. I couldn’t believe that a sleek gadget that fits snugly under his study table could help achieve so much. Printing has become so much fun and adds more to his learning.

New age gadgets (like my printer) take up minimum space but deserve maximum credit for making life easier. School is a part of life and projects cannot be escaped. But the fact that home printing is available lets you enjoy outings much more.
    Homework is no longer the monster it once used to be.

Reinvent Fatafat Homework - How my son became confident again. | homework and project work, science experiments, hobbies, indoor activities | mycity4kids

#ReinventFatafatHomework#ReinventMemories

Hp kid.jpg

Rushmi789 likes this.

2. Rushmi789

Rushmi789 Senior IL'ite

Glad to see the confidence levels shoot up.
    I'll try the HP app Myself since my kids have to do homework assignments too !

leena999 likes this.
  3. leena999

leena999 Silver IL'ite

Yes you must try it !
    All the best Rushmi789 :)