1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

This morning my 4yr old DD asked me

DD - Mummy When is christmas?
    Me - Today
    DD - How can it be today? it's not snowing....
    ME - It won't snow in Blore
    DD - Blore is not in north pole?
    Me - No :(

She wanted to buy a christmas tree. I asked her what she would do then, she said she will decorate it with salty popcorn.

Don't know from where kids get these ideas.

shreepriya and Dinny like this.
  2. jazz16

jazz16 Senior IL'ite

hi!
    this is indeed a lovely thread....thought of adding one of my own...
    i was teaching my 5 yr old daughter about transport....air/land/ water ...for which she needs to give eg.
    She was going fine till i asked examples for air transport to which she solemnly answered...."Plane and Reindeer!!! ":rotfl

yellowmango likes this.
  3. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

I asked my 5 yr old son on Independence day- Do you know any freedom fighters?
    He replied yes, Gandhiji, Nehru ji and then ..... Kattappa!!

umasivasankar, Caide and deeprapriya like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

We were playing snakes and ladders. Initially my lucky 5 year old kept climbing ladders. Alas! Her luck wouldn't last. Two snakes consecutively and when she came to snake number 3, she slid down and slid right back up again. When I said, "hey!" She responded sincerely with her eyes wide open, "It's probably eaten too much already, mum. It puked me out. I'll have to stay up here." :tearsofjoy:

Had to give her that one!

curiousgals78 and Caide like this.
  5. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

My son is exactly like yours Dinny. he asked me if i ate him thats how he landed in my tummy. i then ate his sister and then she came out. i told him no God put you and your sister in there. so he was happy that he was Gods chosen one

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

All of the experiences are so mind-lightening. I am still laughing at the "towel waving" incident mentioned here

7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

My daughter's friend lives in some newly constructed apartments. My daughter (3 years) sees those tall apartments everytime we pass by. One day she tells her friend, " You live in a new house right? I don't live in a new house...i live in a dirty house."

We were in a shop and she was asking me if she was a grown up. I said no. She asked me "Amma, am I growing?"
    I said yes.... then she says "I am growing so I am a grown up."

She usually goes to our neighbors house to play with a boy. Once my husband went to pick her up and told me that the boy's grandfather was smelling of alcohol and he doesn't like her to play there. I never felt like that as there are 2 other neighbor kids and all 4 play together.
    I was concerned and trying to explain the bad touch concept to her. I said , "I need to tell u something". I was hesitating because she is just 3 and how do i explain it. So I said if some grown up pushes you....before I could complete the sentence she tells me "If someone does something to you...u say 'NO THANK YOU!". I was shocked thinking did her teacher explain this or what. Turns out she was just talking in terms of her friend pushing her or snatching/being rude etc.

The words she uses "Bedsheep" for bedsheet, "Valentimes" for Valentine are cute to hear so I rarely correct her.