Are Cysts(one/two) In Ovaries Normal?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AllizWell, Sep 6, 2017.

1. AllizWell

AllizWell Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I am TTC from 1.5 yrs and am diagnosed with unexplained primary infertility.All my reports are fine and so are DH reports.

It so happens that in some of my cycles when there is a period delay, scan shows a cyst in one of the ovaries.
    Then I am put on Femilon and the treatment starts when I am on D3 of my period.

I was wondering if this is normal and what is the difference between this and PCOS. Any friends who have gone through this and conceived? Please help!

2. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

Dear OP, I have cysts like this. It was never diagnosed as PCOD for me, but I had period delay and clotting when I did get them. I took Femilon for six months or so, and worked on my weight and stress levels. Then slowly weaned myself off Femilon and got into a natural cycle (it wasn't perfect - the slightest weight gain or stress would bring back the problem)

After my cycles somewhat normalised, we tried for a baby and had no problems conceiving. I have a five year old DD and am due with another baby next month.

3. AllizWell

AllizWell Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations !! Happy for you :) and thanks for your reply, i feel better now.