1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - Diet Plan for indian womens

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by sulakshanasudha, May 21, 2012.

1. priyakumaran1

priyakumaran1 New IL'ite

who is the good doctor in chennai for pcos? pls give the hospital address too.

2. dhanalax

dhanalax New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I suffer from PCOS, i got recently 8 months back, still i am strugling to get conceive.
    When met dr. said i have pcos, and my periods are irregular. I am 28 years old and my husband 32 years old.

Every one started asking, dono what to do. Give me some tips.

IL please help me.

Regards,

3. kanuagg

kanuagg New IL'ite

Hi Ladies..

Thank you for your suggestions.I would definitely try to include some of these diet tips in my diet.

About me :I was diagnosed with PCOS in January .I concieved in May and had a miscarriage in June.My doctor has advised me to eat healthier ,exercise and not to take stress.She has also put me on multivitamins.I am trying to avoid eatin out and started exercising.

Now ,I browse alot about PCOS and have come across a lot of articles stating that dairy products should be avoided in this condition.Do you guys have any idea about this.It is will be very difficult to leave dairy products completely since milk and curd is part of our daily diet .

4. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

hi,

is there something like that . does it work.

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I have had pcos and hypothyroidism since my teens and i have 2 kids(both conceived naturally).

I do go to gym regularly(4 days atleast) and watch what i eat.I will share with you the veg diet that was prescribed when i had GD during pregnancy.This will basically control your sugar level and in turn will help control pcos.

The cup sizes are the measuring cup size which you can get at shops

bf: 2 multigrain bread slice with cheese/oatmeal with 1 boiled egg
    mid morning snack:1/4 cup nuts/boiled beans/15 whole grain crackers/1/2 cup fruit
    lunch:1 cup salad,1 cup rice(i cook brown rice)/2 chapathi,1/2 cup sambar,1/2 cup dry vegetable curry,1/4 cup paneer/1 cheese slice
    evening snack:1 apple with 2 tbs peanut butter/1/2 cup nuts with 1 small cup tea/1/2 cup fruits
    dinner:1 cup salad,2 roti/2 dosa/2 idly,1/2 cup sambar,1/2 cup paneer/1 cheese slice

If you see the above menu,every meal will have some form of protein in it.Protein will digest slow and will reduce blood sugar spikes.

Also have peppermint tea/green tea regularly

6. gayuraam

gayuraam New IL'ite

Hi,
    For PCOS prblms it's true that we should avoid milk and curd but you can have buttermilk as it help to burn fat.
    *also have one piece of fresh aloevera mixed with buttermilk for 30 days in empty stomach
    *Asoka pattai neer completely solves our PCOD prblms.
    Hope these tips may help you sisters.

7. Aishronu

Aishronu New IL'ite

thanks for your valueable info dear,,

8. Aishronu

Aishronu New IL'ite

thanks dear

9. devilsankita

devilsankita New IL'ite

Hi,
    I was also facing this problem. Also, I had taken many medicines but results were next to none. I used to not talk to anyone. I was very sad because of it. One day my neighbor suggested me to take Homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy treatment takes time to cure but it cures the disease from its roots. There was a clinic named Life Force Homeopathy which was nearby our house. I had heard many good things about it. But always I used to neglect it because of its time span which it takes to cure disease. Finally, I went over there. After examining me doctor advised me not to worry about it and start taking homeopathy medicines. After taking PCOS treatment for 3 months I was fully cured of it.
    Hope this will help you.