1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants a boy baby after 2girls

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Radhika333, Feb 7, 2015.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@Gouri

The intention is not to blame the man.... But to make the man realize that both him and his wife has no control over the gender of their children, but so many other factors beyond their control. Even some of those factors were controlable, not many people know what, and how to take advantage of them. So, blaming a woman for this, or making her suffer again and again for a baby boy (without knowing how) and labeling her as a failure is unacceptable. Such men, or their parents (in most of the cases) needs to know that men equally contribute to the gender of the babies, and there are so many uncontrollable or unknown facts exists that their wives/DILs can't be blamed blindly.

I dont think anyone had an intention to blindly blame a man for this matter unless the man takes this matter against his poor wife. It is rather used as a defense tactic.

sindmani and Margarita84 like this.
  2. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Bronze IL'ite

Perhaps this explains why in ancient times women were solely held responsible for the sex of the child. The man supplies equal number ( maybe it varies depending on frequency of sex - more the sex - greater the chances for a girl baby) of X and Y chromosomes; while the woman decides which chromosome she will choose.

Maybe there are various ways of changing/altering the woman's chemistry through natural foods or medicines, by which the needed chromosome can be selected and get the desired gender.

Michael Roizen, MD, Internal Medicine, answered Sperm dictates the sex of the fertilized egg. However, a lot of mutual factors contribute to gender, including as the egg's receptivity to the male's chromosomes. So if a couple has five girls, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the man's fault. You can blame a man for keeping his eyes glued to the TV during a conversation, but you can't pin this one on him. Both partners have some role in determining the sex of the offspring.

As many people know (or have heard), the sperm that carry male chromosomes (which will make a boy) can swim faster because they carry less genetic material and are lighter. So though male and female sperm have equal muscular power in their flippers, the lighter ones will travel faster (just like a smaller cyclist will go faster than a larger one, if all other things are equal, because there's less mass to move).

But even if the male sperm outrace the female sperm, the male sperm will die off if the egg isn't in proper position for fertilization, leaving the female sperm clear for landing. Although male sperm are faster, female sperm are like tortoises; they keep pushing ahead slowly, hanging out, and waiting a few days. To have a boy, having sex around ovulation is critical, or the female sperm will win.

Aside from timing it right (and praying), you can do little to influence gender during conception. Some couples may try copulating upside down or in other acrobatic positions because they've heard rumors that you can influence the gender of a child, but the process is more complex than that.
    [​IMG] Find out more about this book:
    YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger
    ==========================================================
    The male determines the boy/girl sperm ratio, but its the female body that determines the winner. If 'boy' sperm fertilizes egg, its a boy, and visa versa. "While it is true that the males' sperm contains the chromosomes responsible for your babys' gender. It is, we believe the condition of the womans' cervical mucus, reproductive tract and follicular fluid that determines which of the two types of sperm will successfully reach and fertilise the egg at the time of conception." -http://www.smartstork.com/page11.asp This website has detailed informaiton on the modern methods of gender selection.

3. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Bronze IL'ite

This maybe useful:

By: Sandy Dean: I sometimes hear from women who are either with a man who has had many children of one gender or the woman is in that same situation herself. For example, the woman may have conceived all daughters or she has recently married a man with all sons. Often, the couple are trying to reverse that trend and get a baby of a new gender. And they are often wondering if the man has any control over which sperm chromosomes he will produce during this process.

I heard from a woman who said: “I had three boys with my previous husband. I am getting married to a man who also has two boys. Needless to say, I want a girl baby with my new husband. I have been very clear about this and my husband is telling me that he can control his sperm. I told him that this is crazy talk but he says that he can control what happens with his thinking and with his diet. Can men control whether they are producing boy and girl sperm? He is telling me that he will make sure that I get a girl baby this time and I know that he wants to please me. But is this a promise that he can even make? Is this even possible?”
    I wish that I could tell you that this was true. But I don’t believe that it is. I will tell you why in the following article.
    There Is Overwhelming Evidence That Men Have Equal Amounts Of Both Girl And Boy Producing Sperm Regardless Of The Gender They Have Previously Produced:
    There have been studies where men who have produced several of one gender have been tested to determine their sperm production ratio. Some expected to find that men who had only produced boys had more Y (boy producing) than X (girl producing) sperm. And, it would also be expected that fathers of nothing but daughters would have much higher amounts of X sperm.
    But, this was not the case. Instead, all of the men showed equal amounts of each type of sperm chromosome regardless of whether they had boys or girls. I know that this is suprising to many, but this has been shown more than once. So if we accept that the man in question very likely had equal amounts of X and Y sperm, he already had an equal chance of getting a girl baby, unless the woman or mother to be was influencing the outcome which I will discuss a little later.
    Although There Are Things That Men Can Do To Increase Their Sperm Count, They Can’t Isolate The Sperm That They Are Increasing:
    If you’ve spent any amount of time researching becoming pregnant, you’ve probably already read about how men can increase their sperm count to have a better chance of conceiving quickly. But, although they can increase their sperm, they are also increasing both X and Y chromosome relatively equally. And they aren’t increasing only the X’s and not the Y’s or vice versa.
    Consider Looking At How The Mother To Be Might Be Contributing To Baby Gender:
    Since the father to be’s sperm ratio appears to be set, it makes sense to look at how the woman or the mother to be is contributing. It’s a common assumption that she doesn’t contribute at all, but I highly disagree with this.
    Her timing, vaginal PH, and the sexual positions that she uses can all make one gender more likely than another. For example, some things can discourage the Y sperm which means that a girl baby is more likely. Having a successful conception before ovulation, having an acidic vaginal PH, and using deep penetration without female orgasm would all help to weed out the Y sperm to increase the odds of getting a boy baby.
    So if you are a female who is conceiving one gender over and over again, I would take a close look at your vaginal PH as well as your ovulation time as it relates to when you are having conception intercourse.
    But to answer the question posed, while it’s reassuring to think that a man can think powerful thoughts or change his diet to get the gender of his choice, it’s not likely to happen because his ratio is going to be roughly 50 / 50 no matter what. While there are things that he can do to increase his sperm count, these things will increase both X and Y sperm in equal ratios and this doesn’t change no matter what he does or thinks. I wish it were different but science has shown that it isn’t.
    The good news is that the woman often is able to control some variables as far as she is concerned. So it makes sense to turn your attention there.
    If this is still a bit confusing to you or you’re wondering where to start to influence your baby’s gender, I’ve put together a couple of web sites that breaks this down into small steps. If you want a boy baby, check out Conceive A Boy
    If you want a girl baby, check out Conceive A Girl

4. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Wow, this is 2015 and i can't believe that there are some lowlife who don't consider boy and girl as equal n pray specifically for a boy... ....I am also originally from India and I & my sister went to best private schools in India, then the best private schools in US and my parents ( both mom n dad, both of whom are highly educated- even back in the 70's ) always said girls n boys are equal in every aspect...In fact my parents never cared whether the baby was a boy or girl....and when I & my sister were born, my parents had a huge party to be blessed with beautiful babies ( back in those days in India ).....Now both I and my sister are so damn successful in every aspect of our life, be it personal or professional...In fact, Both I and my sis becoz of our successful life wud get so many marriage proposals but rejected all sissy guys ( i mean backward thought guys)...My sis got married sometime back with an equally hugely successful n dashing 'Indian' guy like hers who treats her like a queen....n he feels blessed to have her and his friends also tell him he is so lucky....So, please for God's sake this is 2015 n tell people who don't treat girl n boy equally or pray for a boy baby, that if treated with respect and love, women can achieve success beyond imagination , but of course, only when both their parents are very supportive, caring and are not dying for a baby boy.........Hope, God gives 'brains' to some people....

5. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Reading some posts here is insulting. I am waiting for the day when a woman can say "I deliberately chose the X because I wanted a girl! Go take a hike!"

P.S. I know that she can not choose even she wanted to.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Margarita84

Margarita84 New IL'ite

Actually it is not fair but all of us desire to have a baby with a specific gender like- boy or girl. It is partially due to the effect of modern civilization. Most of the couples do not want to have more babies so they want limited children with specific gender for family balancing. So it is okay to want a baby boy and natural gender selection can work in this field.

7. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Very amused to see posts relating wanting baby boys even in this generation. Having a healthy baby itself is a gift. Girls are equally educated, successful and responsible. Why this discrimination even now? Plus there should be something like social responsibility. Population is growing, resources in earth is getting less everyday. Do you want your kids to suffer whether it is a boy or girl or just have a good life. I have seen many families with just one girl child and happy. They are able to give all the best things to their daughter and live a fantastic life.

sindmani likes this.
  8. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

What will you do if the next one is again a girl baby?

Will you go for 4th one and so on until you have a boy baby?

Men are dumb. He cant force you to have babies. You are not baby machine. If you cant you let him know that you really cant.

Make him understand how you feels about it and how your health is after 2 babies. Put up some show that you cant do household works after this second baby, cos both of them keeping you occupied, make him do some of your works. He will understand 3rd baby is bigger responsibility than now and sometimes give up the idea. :grinning:

nakshatra1 likes this.
  9. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Didnt notice it was an old post. What is the story now? You have got 3rd baby?

10. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Both girls & boys are equivalent only. As said the chances of getting the required gender can be done with Technology & medical wonders. But the chances are not 100% sure. Usually the desire for boy is the continuation of progeny. Only a male can bear the family name & carry on if he also begets a male child.Girls after marriage belong to some other family & will be identified by that family name only. Just think for a moment. After ur lifetime there will be no one to remember u or ur family ancestors . Of course the girls will remember but religious formalities can't be done unless their husbands are interested. The grandchildren thro the girls can remember u for sometime. So the family name will be no more after sometime. But nothing in our hands. It is decided by The Almighty.
    A proper analysis of ur & ur DH horoscopes by a proper Astrologer will clearly tell the chances of having a male child. But pl don't get cheated by false ones & they will try to extract money in the name of pariharam.
    At the same time ur heath conditions & bringing up the children without any help are to be considered. There are so many avenues open. By paying money u can get any amount of external help. May God bless u & ur family!
    "The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep "