1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend Didn't Show Up After Saying "yes"

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sapna56, Sep 20, 2017.

1. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

Once it had happened with me as well. We invited nearly 8 families for the dinner and we ordered sufficient food. But only two families showed up. That day me and my husband decided not to call them again for any of the occasions.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

There is also another thing that we do, we order food once people come. We will have some common snacks n drinks to serve first, then place the order for dinner n get it delivered. This way you won't be wasting any food or money by over ordering n over paying.

VaishaliYadav likes this.
  3. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

I agree with your view @ashneys, but there is a problem, If we invite 10 families, all 10 families will not arrive at the same time, and its not a good idea to make the first family arrived to wait for their food till the last family arrives. And ordering food after they arrived may leads to some other issue as well. Hope you understood what I mean:)

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...your friend was wrong.
    First she accepts the invitation,makes silly excuses and doesn't turn up....then instead of calling up and apologizing,she makes it look like it is your fault tp expect her to turn up.
    She lacks basic etiquettes.

A napping child is not a good enough excuse. She could have come late,one of them could have come or they could just have got the napping child and put the child to bed at your place. She knew she had a small child when she accepted the invitation.

Even if she could not come,she should have made up a stronger excuse to not make her host feel bad. A stomach upset or something like that would at least make the host feel like it was a genuine case .saying that they can' t come because kid is napping makes it look like they don't value the host's invitation.

If a napping kid is a good enough excuse to not show up,then one should not accept an invitation. If you can' t make it to the dinner for whatever reason,have the decency to call up and be genuinely apologetic.

Op, I would not make it a big issue,but would cut her out from further invitation lists.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    NeetaR likes this.