IUI in March - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by jillcastle, Feb 25, 2016.

1. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

Sorry to here that... but we need be strong and go with the flow... good your taking a break...all the best for your next cycle... Loads of baby dust to you...

and thank you:)

2. rmythilikalai

rmythilikalai New IL'ite

Hi,
    After several medications, Doctor suggested me to go for iui. Also she told me if it not succeeds she will do holistic laparoscopy to check any hostile particles present which prevents semen to travel and meet the egg. Luckily I got success in my 1st iui itself. So u can also better go for that before trying ivf..

3. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi rmythilikalai,
    Congratulations..may i know which medications you were put on before you try for IUI? Did you check your AMH level? In which hospital did you have your IUI done?I am also trying to conceive for last 5 years but no success..Hope you can help me out?

4. rmythilikalai

rmythilikalai New IL'ite

Hi pihu,
    I had pcod. For the past 3 years I went to several medications like siddha, Ayurveda, Homeo but was no use. My AMH was not up to the required level. I had a consultation with Dr. Vanimohan who runs a clinic in coimbatore on this January. For the first 2 months she gave oral contraceptive pills to make my periods regular. Then she started with metformin, letrozole and progesterone. She gave different molecules like clomiphene citrate, letrozole with ovulation stimulation injections. After trying from august to June with these there was only a failure. Then she suggested me to go for iui whereby she also told that in case of 1st iui failure she will do holistic laparoscopy. Its nothing but intra uterine scan to check for hostile particles and clean them then and there. But I am very very excited to get success in my first iui itself on July. Each and every second I only believed god. I will definitely pray for u to get good news very soon.. All the best.. Don't lose hope..

vandu3689 likes this.
  5. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much rmythilikalai for your reply....What was your AMH level when you first tried? I too tried in ayurveda but no success till now.My periods are regular.No problem but first two days of my periods,flow is more.So doctor is thinking i might have endometrosis problem? Did you face any side effects with the medicines which was prescribed by your doctor? What was your personal experience in the process of IUI? Was it scary or painful process? So, you had your IUI process in Coimbatore? Thats so nice..Wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy....

6. rmythilikalai

rmythilikalai New IL'ite

I took several tests. AMH varied from 5 to 8.54. But the normal level should be below 7.5 for my age.
    U pls don't worry about amh, lh and all. That can be balanced with medicines. Did u have ur Fallopian tube test i.e hsg test?? Iui is not that painful when compared to that tube test. As it is sharp insemination directly into our uterus, it will be little bit painful. But don't get scared. I screamed out during tube test. But iui was completely tolerable for me. Thank u so much for ur wishes..

7. Godbless8

Godbless8 Bronze IL'ite

Hi @divyasriram28 and @mbharani

How are both of you doing ? Whats the update from your side. I am currently on a break before I start all over again mostly in november. I am feeling low these days. Keep wondering what plans God has for me and how much more I have to still wait. Whether this journey will be rewarding at all.

Sorry for sounding negative...but I needed a place where I could openly express myself.

8. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

@Godbless8

Thank you for asking.... I am good... mostly its IVF for me too...don't get depressed just try to be positive..

good luck for your next cycle...

9. divyasriram28

divyasriram28 Senior IL'ite

Hi @Godbless8 , I am doing good. I was also on a break last month due to HSG test. Waiting for my period to start my next IUI. It will be my last one...

All the best to you for IVF. Hang in there, we are all sailing in the same boat. Hope our prayers get answered.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

God always has some special plan for each one of us. Stay positive and strong too.
    Positive attitude and stress free life will cure half the trouble. All the best for your TTC journey.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

mbharani and divyasriram28 like this.