1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

#3 Months Challenge!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by BDivya, Jun 13, 2017.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Jul 31:
    bf: 2 dosas & sambhar
    L: 1/2 bowl rice&sambhar&avarakkai curry
    E: 1 cup boiled corn & coffee
    D: 5 idlys & sambhar
    walking: 30 mins

Aug 1:
    Bf: 4 idlys & onion chutney
    L: brinjal , white chenna masiyal & 1/2 bowl rice
    E: coffee
    D: 3 chappathis & carrot,potato,snake gaurd subzi
    walk: 30 mins

Aug 2:
    bf: 3 dosas & onion chutney
    L: 1/2 bowl sambhar rice & bhindi curry
    E: coffee & few chips
    D: 3 chapathis & brinjal subzi
    no walk

2. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

It was a good read throughout the thread.

We are so much occupied with our "Dinacharya" the daily timetable that we seldom

think about setting aside sometime for keeping ourselves fit enough to sustain what we have been doing to get going with our lives.

But what drives us to take care of everything else than "Me". Just a thought! i believe most of us committed to live

life for others more than ourselves, though some where in solitude we feel we should have time set aside for "myself" when we rarely get a chance to contemplate:).

Recently i attended a workshop, "Health In Your Hands" in Bangalore, before i relocated to pune. The essence of the

discussion is in its name itself.

Even though this workshop boosted my energy levels to what i have been following over years now, it definitely brings life

back.
    We are precious to Lord, as others are to the lord. When we say that, we are all precious.Precious as in our life as a whole. So we need to take care of ourselves, no one cares the after affects(let us take it seriously serious:))

I have gone through a rough phase of life, with 6 surgeries till now, health losses are irreversible, the only option we are left is "sustaining the current for the better tomorrow" through some basic changes to our lives styles.

I spend about 2 hours dedicated to myself, no matter what. Starting the morning with warm up excercises for 15 mins followed with pranayama for 15 mins, perform Kundalini yoga for 40 mins, Meditation for 20 mins, and gratitude walk for 30 mins. Complete the above before 8:30 AM.

This has helped me a lot in terms of improving health and increase in concentration and peace of mind.

I happened to share my personal experience just because, i was a lazy lad since young, though i appreciated the theoritcal part of the benefits of healthy life style never determined to take it up.

I am benefitting a lot through this. Never think of obesity as the concern, when you take this burning thought away and work on being positive with positive outlook towards life, things change automatically.

Good luck All:)

hope26 likes this.
  3. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Can i join too.. Saw my weight today and feeling low..
    Currently 66.5 kg.
    Want to
    1. Loose 1Kg by end of August. (short tern goal)
    2. Become 62 Kg by end of December (long term goal)

I mainly have to
    1. reduce snacking on chips and chocolates.
    2. reduce eating biriyani for lunch everyday.

Aug 1 update:
    BF: 3 idli + tomato chutney
    L : Mutton Biriyani
    Snacks : fried green piece and french fries.
    D: Rice + muringa curry + kovakkai poriyal

Exercise : 2 hours dance practice for upcoming event in office.

MaruthiRao likes this.
  4. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Yeah why not:), well on diet, try easy to digest foods, more of vegetables and fruits. I m a veggie, and have typical south Indian breakfast, sometimes only veg soup, lunch is light too, with 2 chapattis and Lil rice, so is the dinner.

Well with practice of yoga, my food habits got refined, but took time:)

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

This strict diet is to lose the extra pounds, that you have put on over the time. But once you reached your goal, you can go back to a normal healthy diet.
    That doesn't mean lots of oil, carbs or junks. It is the normal food like less carb and oil, more protien and more fruits & veggies.
    We can maintain our weight with this normal diet and regular work-outs. We need not to suffer or restrict from a satisfying life style forever to look good.
    However, once we go back to our unhealthy diet, everything will go back to square 1.

Sweets and briyanis once in a while is fine. KFC and junk is also fine. But you must not consume them frequently.

6. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

HI everyone,

So i had guests at home from friday and i could not follow any diet or exercise. From today again planning to be strict. Let me see if i can keep it.

Plan: to avoid rice and to drink atleast 2 litres of water.

7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Guests are gone and now its time for me to get back to my routine! From today gonna update my logs and every detail of the diet and workout as i have gained during this guest time!
    So for today as a warm up gonna do brisk walking for 20 mins.. will update my complete log tomorrow..

MaruthiRao likes this.
  8. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

what happened to the thread?

9. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

Hello girls
    I would like to join you

10. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@BDivya how are you dear? I have just resumed my weight loss journey :)
    Are you there?