Indians in Kenya

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Raksha, May 10, 2007.

1. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi nikhath,

yes i'm from bangalore- i stay near langford road, in shanti nagar.
    from which part are you/?

i really miss nairobi.!

sudha

2. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

I am in London and I still miss nairobi though people say it is not safe like before. For people like me who are born and brought up there,it is our birth place. We had best of both the cultures eastern and western.
    regards
    Pravina

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sudha, Raksha and Pravina,
    I am so happy to knowthat there are people who love Kenya, i love Kenya alot. I amGujrati - Shah living in Nairobi and icannot imagine any place betterthan Nairobi,

What do you all do? irun my own business in the City- i deal with textile dyes and am a part time trainer, i helpshy people over come their shyness and also conduct other trainings.

Ilook forward to your replies.
    love
    Alpa:thumbsup
    Karibuni Kenya

4. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Hi Alpa

That was a quick reply. I am based in London and work for my husband and my son. My son has launched an internet company last year. it is gift site for women and men, Treat her - Gift Ideas, Gifts for Wife, Birthday Gifts, Christmas Gifts for Her and Treat Him offers gifts for men, unique gift Ideas for him and gift baskets.. Have a look and would appreciate ur feedback. Also feel free to pass it on to friends and family and colleagues.I run the finance side of it:)

I am also Gujarati from the soni community. love to keep in touch
    regards
    Pravina

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pravina,

That was a fast reply
    will surely go on to the websiteand give you afeed back. I belong to the Shah community.
    My lastvisit to UK was in 1989, am not much of a UK person, i love Europe and Asia, as i travel a lot.

Takecare, we shall be in touch.
    love
    alpa:rotfl

6. bharath acharya

bharath acharya New IL'ite

Hi Ya
    Thats really good to knw you are from kenya.. My name is Bharath and i am living in Nigeria for the last 2 years.. Though i am in india for the vacation , am planning to goo back to Nigeria in a while.. I came to knw thru my friend that kenya is a wonderful place to see.. Planning to visit kenya enroute nigeria...

7. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am Bhanu. My husband is being offered a job in Nairobi. i ve a daughter who is in 10th here in india.
    Are there any schools offering cbse syllabus? How safe is Nairobi?

8. ashathakrar

ashathakrar New IL'ite

hi how are you i live in kenya but not live in nbi i live in kisumu there are lots of school in nbi lkie visa oshwal primer , usiu, aussi nbi is all right you cant move around footing at nite , its depands which area you staying

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i live in Nairobi
    yes there are good schools here like premier academy, oshwal secondary adn visa oshwal high. the education here is very good and the life is good, it also depends which area you will be residing and security is not bad, at night you need to be careful where you are travelling to and also cannot go out at night by foot
    when do you plan to move here

alpa:cheers

10. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi, many thanks for the response. i am still decidingwhether to move or not. lot depends on my daughters edn and the safety issue? Does oshwal offer cbse? What is the general form of entertainment?
    Do you get all the tv channels etc. if one cant move abt in the night doesnt it curb ones freedom? I live in Mumbai now and we r so used to coming home late? feel scared.