Indian living areas in KL

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by shubhas, May 29, 2009.

1. KCG

KCG New IL'ite

This is Chaitanya..

I have been offered malaysian work permit with 6000 RM per month.
    How much can i save ?

Can some one give a rough estimate of monthly expenses estimate for a family with a Child( 3months) around Brick Fields area which includes @
    Monthlt rent for 2 BHK
    Transportation expenses
    Monthly Groceries, Gas, Electicity, Internet , Mobile
    Taxes.

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chaitanya,

Honestly i cant help you with most of your questions but Im sure a lot of us together can......Malaysia is an expensive place to reconsider your offer if u have an excellent standard of living in the present country.

Cheers
    Sonu

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi chaitanya..

Rough estimate:

Brickfileds is generally considered as one of the most expensive places for rent.. that's where the Indian population is at maximum..Its Little India here..Coming to Rent, surely it would be 1500+

Transportation : very minimal if your workplace and housing is in brickfields..public transportation is good in brickfields.

monthly groceries,gas, electricity, internet, mobile - around 1000-2000

taxes.. if you are here on work permit,they cut 26%-27% for foreigners who enter malaysia and are present for less than 182 days..however if you stay more than 182 days, then after 6 months, your tax will be lesser.. Being a foreigner you cant be entitled to provident funds, and other allowances here.. Please check the govt website.

You have not mentioned whether your spouse is working or not.If working, then can manage easily..

otherwise there cant be much savings. (My opinion!!:hide:)
    The medical expenses is quite high compared to India.. having a 3 month old baby,please consider medical also as a expense..

Some companies give medical allowances for spouse and children, if that is the case it is good:thumbsup

Hope the post was helpful..

4. mouny

mouny New IL'ite

Hi,

Im very new to this site. Im Mouny,from India.We are moving to KL.My hubby already left..he got job there as sr.elec engineer.We are searching for good condominium. Unable to get it. Can u suggest us some decent apartments.Area should be near by Jalan Ismail sultan or brick fields or subang jaya or anything..What would be the rents for fully furnished?

5. psanthosh5

psanthosh5 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am from India got a job in Bangsar South City area, Can anyone throw some light on nearby areas where Indians are more located. Also let me know about schools nearby..