1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any Senior Citizens Here Who Are Living In Retirement Community In Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by neetu, Jan 22, 2017.

1. neetu

neetu Junior IL'ite

Hello,

I need some inputs about good retirement communities in or around Bangalore. My parents wish to move here since both me and my sister are here. We are thinking of buying a small apartment/villa in a senior community. Currently they do not require assisted living, however after few years they may need some help. So we are looking for a place where they can stay independently for few years and also get assistance later.

I would also like opinions from some seniors on how viable is the option to move to South India for a retirement life for parents who are basically from North India. My Father is 72 and mother is 68. Please share your opinions and also share names of some good retirement communities where seniors are already residing.

Thanks.

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.

2. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

3. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

HI Neetu,

I bought an apartment in Serene retirement community called Serene Ozone Urbana in Bangalore. Its located near Bangalore international airport (Devanahalli). Serene brand is very popular among senior citizens of South India and Serene retirement communities have already established in Chennai, Coimbatore, now in Bangalore and I believe they are building in some other major cities as well. I booked this apartment 5 years ago for my father in law, but he died last year before the construction is over, and now, my mom is 80 years old, she is independent in her apartment in Chennai, but if need be, I may relocate her later. For now, I am using this apartment for my stay during my India visit. So its kept locked.
    There are approximately 320 apartments of one, 2 and 3 bedroom units in this community. You can either own (buy) or there are many rental units as well. I would think for seniors, it is a wise choice, as food, medical amenities, entertainment, and above all same age group companionship is the main advantage there, along with plenty of open space to walk and get some fresh air every day to keep seniors fit. The construction is just completed few months ago and most of the seniors who bought there are just moving in gradually and trying to get settled, getting used to the facilities available there.
    The bottom line is it is not cheap, and if a senior has the affordability, he or she need not struggle and move there and have a peaceful life with NO responsibilities.

You can check it out here Retirement Communities for Seniors - Independent & Luxury Villas
    Pls feel free to contact me if you need further info about the above.

sindmani likes this.