1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adoption

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 19, 2017.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i
    why r u against adoption ? i mean r u against the concept in general, or just personally (for u) .

2. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

mostly personal still adoption hurts the child mostly than parents in future for that the couple can spend their service in large organisation more selflessly.

3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

It is a couple's choice to have biogical child or adoptive child or not. Statistics proof is not a census . it has probability theory attached to it.

4. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

OP, I beg to differ with you and a few others who are showing nothing but insensitivity towards infertile couples.

Battling infertility firsthand, I can tell you it is not as easy as you think it is, to accept that you cannot reproduce or that you have less chances of having a child of your own. Even though the couples come to terms with the reality, they would have been very depressed at the end of the journey. Adopting a child, when you cannot have children is not easy. What if the couple gets pregnant, miraculously, after they have adopted a child?? Would they be able to take care of and treat their own child and the adopted child equally? I am not talking about just food and clothing and basic education needs here, but bigger ones where you have limited resources and can only afford to spend on one of them?

I would like to pose the same question to everyone who has children of their own. Why not adopt a few more if you can afford to, financially? Or because the couples whonhave been fortunate to have children have first hand experience with taking care of kids, why not take care of a couple more kids and get the poor kids out of misery? Afterall, there are millions of orphans and poor kids in the world. Why just volunteer the childless ones and judge them even though they did not choose to be infertile, in the first place. Well, its easier said than done!

IMO, this is a sensitive topic, you never know what the infertile couples go through. And I am sure most of the infertile couples spend a lot of money on the treatments. Why dont the couples who had it easy, adopt some?? It hurts right?? Well, it really does! I apologize if this post of mine is offensive! I could have ignored it, but just wanted to offer a different perspective.

Moderators, please feel free to delete this post if it is offensive.

luckysangeetha and sindmani like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

In India it is slowly picking up.Two of our relatives from Bombay,have their own daughters, but still have adopted another child also.In foreign countries this is quite common.In Germany.France and Australia adopted children and adoptee parents are so common.my daughter used to say in Australia in her daughter's class, out of 32 children, 14 are adopted ones and children as a matter of course say that they are adopted.
    In India, adoption is still a very sensitive issue and parents do not know when to reveal and how the child will take this.
    We have accepted many things in life,.Intercaste and inter religious marriages are becoming so common and also are accepted finally though with some hesitation.Once we change our perception, the issue may not hurt and the society will surely accept.
    jayasala42

sindmani likes this.
  6. aishu909

aishu909 New IL'ite

Please try in natural ways and then go for adoption

7. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I can see differing perspectives on adoption here.. Personally if I ever feel that deep desire to have a child, it will definitely be through adoption . Seeing the amount of suffering in this world , I can't justify bringing someone into it.. adoption is definitely not a cakewalk.. An adopted child will definitely struggle a bit more with regards to their identity however deeply loved they are.. They will have a natural curiosity to know about their birth parents. It takes a mature couple to accept that and understand that this doesn't mean the child loves them any lesser. In short adoption is not for everybody especially not for those with a rigid belief system..

But for those who wonder whether they can love an adopted child like their own, just imagine a hypothetical situation where you give birth to a child, bring him/her home and nurture them for 6 months.Then you get a call from the hospital and they tell you that your baby was switched by mistake and you have to return the child you have with you now and take your biological child home... If this doesn't break your heart and you can coolly return the baby you have back, then adoption is not for you... If this situation breaks your heart and you can't bear the idea of parting from your child you have taken care of for 6 months , then definitely your heart and mind is open for adoption.. Bonds of love can be instant but they can also be built over time.. Blood is not thicker than water always..

sindmani and pinkgal like this.