1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thank You Lata6. Yes that might have been the reaction!

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-16

Jai woke up that Friday hearing the sound of nadhashwaram. He could see the sound was coming from music player and Priya was getting ready.

‘Are the boys awake?’

‘Yes they are. You too hurry up Jai. We need to be there by Six.’

Priya looked traditional in a silk sari, her ears were adorned with jhumukas and a necklace enhanced her neck. Her hair was neatly plaited and she had pinned strands of jasmine in her hair. Jai came near her and took her hand. He shook her hand and smiled when he heard the bangle sound.

‘I so love this sound.’ He let her hand free and kissed her.

‘Dream day right?’

‘Yes. That house belonged to my grandfather and I spent many happy days there. I always wanted to rebuild the house and settle there. I would have done that earlier if my personal life was not a mess… But it’s never too late.’

Sriram entered the room after knocking.

‘Priya..if dad is going to talk about childhood days it will last for hours. We have to start now.’

‘I know that’s a hard topic for teenagers..’ Jai winked at Priya.

‘I’m not a teenager. I’m in twenty’s..’

‘Enough..let’s make a move…’ Priya ordered.

When Jai’s family entered the new house event planners were already in the house. The entrance was decorated with plantain tree and Mango leaves. Thick kolams in the floor enhanced the mood of the celebration.

Homams started on time and as per the tradition Priya boiled milk and served to everyone present. They had invited only close family for the traditional function.

‘Where’s Anni?’ Priya asked Jai’s brother.

‘She wasn’t sure whether she would be welcome.’ He told after few seconds of hesistation.

‘Can you tell her she would be and ask her to attend the party atleast? Or do you want me to call her?’ Priya said in a soothing voice.

‘I will bring her to the party. I came to knew what happened. Sorry on behalf of her.’

‘I have forgotten already. What’s the use of talking about past when we want to move forward?’

‘I’m relived to hear that. I thought that might keep me away from Jai.’ He pointed to Jai who was proudly showing the house to Priya’s brother. ‘It’s good to see him happy’.

Priya could see Jai was coming towards them.

‘Bring Anni for the party tomorrow without fail.’ Jai reminded his brother.

‘Sure.Priya was just telling me about the same. By the way Jai it’s such a beautiful bungalow. I think your architect has worked wonder.’

Jai had also invited all his house staffs with their family and gifted clothes to everyone. A rich traditional lunch kept everyone’s stomach and heart filled. Priya noted that smile didn’t leave Jai’s lips throughout the morning. Vivaan was running around in the big house and Sriram was chatting with Priya’s father. She searched for Srikanth and saw he was talking with one of their relatives. He mouthed ‘I’m okay’ and waved cheerfully.

Priya was content that function went on smoothly and Srikanth too was getting back to his self slowly. She was sure the party tomorrow and the bakery opening next month will also be smooth. Happiness was visibly seen in her face.

What she didn’t know is someone is plotting revenge that very moment to her beautiful family.

3. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

OMG!
    btw lovely description of housewarming ceremony....whats going to happen in party?

4. blackbeauty84

Thank you creativemumma...Wait for next episode to know about party.

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-17

‘This is the first time, I’m wearing a white suit.’ Jai was standing before the mirror and trying to choose the tie.

‘ Your wardrobe is full of dark color suits. You have several suits in black. It’s high time to try something different.’ Priya was trying a pearl earring to match her off-white dress.

‘You better hurry up Jai. Photographer wanted to take some personal shots before the party begins..’

‘Priya..I have invited someone to a party you may not like…’

Priya looked puzzled at Jai. He smiled and said ‘You will know in few hours.’

Photographer took so many photos of the the family in the new house. Caterers were setting up food counters in garden. DJ had reached the venue and the dance floor was ready. Party planners made sure that all sort of entertainers had reached the venue well in advance.

Jai’s brother was the first one to arrive and this time he was accompanied by his wife.

‘I’m sorry Priya.’ Meena’s eyes conveyed the same.

‘It’s all forgotten…’ Meena hugged her tight. Jai smiled at his brother.

‘Your house is awesome. Congrats Jai and Priya’.

‘You must be Mrs.Jaishankar. I wanted to meet you for quite sometime.’ He shook hands with Priya.

‘Sorry I couldn’t recollect…’

‘No we haven’t been introduced. I’m Sharath. I head the marketing and communications division in Evolution. I wanted to meet the woman who made Jai daydream in meetings’

Priya blushed and replied ‘ I don’t think he ever did that.’

Sharath laughed louder.’He did. Almost a year back I was in Africa with him. I noticed him day dreaming. He declined about it when I asked him the details. Shortly after the visit he got married. ‘

Priya smiled ‘I really hope he doesn’t day dream any more.’

‘Hello Sriram’ Mrs & Mr Venkat spotted Sriram first when they entered the party.

‘Welcome. Dad was expecting you earlier.’

‘We would have if not for Meera. Only when we were about to leave she declared, she is not joining. ‘ chairman said and looked into Sritam’s face for reaction who just remained silent.

‘What’s up between you and Meera?’ Chairman’s wife asked immediately.

‘Sushma give them some privacy…..’ chairman chided. That minute she spotted someone she knew and went to met them.

Sriram laughed and said. ‘ I requested her not to come. I didn’t want to rub my happiness in Srikanth’s face.’

‘What happened to Srikanth?’ chairman asked.

Sriram briefed him in few minutes.

‘Your family never fails to amaze me.’ He patted Sriram’s shoulder and went towards Jai.

‘Jai, you invited him?’ Priya pointed at the man. Jai could feel traces of anger in her voice.

‘Ah Yes. I invited Kumar. Look Vivaan saw him now.’ Kumar was lifting Vivaan and kissing him in cheeks. Kumar is ex-father in law of Priya. Priya was angry with him as he tried to snatch Vivaan from her when she wanted to marry Jai.

‘Priya ,he is still grand father of Vivaan. He is in touch with me for months now..He wanted to meet Vivaan and apologize to you. Give him a chance…’

Jai wasn’t surprised to find Kumar and Priya in deep conversation ten minutes after.

‘Srikanth , why are you hiding here?’ chairman asked when he found Srikanth sitting silently near the pool side.

‘I know it’s tough time. But break up teaches you several lessons in life. Me & Sushma broke up our relationship several times before tying knots.’ Chairman said sipping a drink in his hand.

‘I never heard your full story.’

‘Some other time. Now go and mingle with people.’ He ordered.

‘I’m afraid of some other thing. Most of the guests are dad’s colleague at work and I’m worried about…’

Chairman immediately understood what Srikanth was about to say.

‘You need not worry about that part. I will tell you why..’

‘Nice house Jai. We loved it. A small concern?’ Chairman said to Jai.

‘Yes’

‘This house is too big for five of you. How are you planning to fill it up?’ he asked teasingly. Chairman’s wife burst out in laughter.

‘I don’t intend to. Might be in another ten years I will become grand father…’ Jai replied.

‘You are boring me Jai. I expected better plans from you.’

‘Good to see you back in parties…’

‘ Grandpa..’ They both hugged him and got his blessings.

Sriram said ‘ We weren’t sure whether you will turn up.’

‘Long since I saw Srikanth and of course wanted to meet your dad.’ He replied. Srikanth and Sriram were regularly in touch with their grand father. Their grand mother expired few months ago. Aarthi, the boys mother made sure that she didn’t want to be contacted by them.

‘Long time since we met last. How are you doing?’ Jai asked as soon as he joined the old man.

‘Doing my best to live alone.’ He smiled painfully.

When they were talking Chairman joined them.

‘This is my…’Jai tried to introduce them.

Chairman stopped Jai in mid-sentence ‘ I know. We have met couple of times in Singapore.’

Jai and his boys briefly excused as someone from the family was about to leave.

‘ I miss Jai as my son-in-law. Though he and boys tries to keep in touch it’s never the same.’

‘I can understand. How’s your daughter now?’ chairman asked

‘I think she is fine. I don’t speak her regularly these days. She got married last month.’ He said hesitatingly.

‘Good to hear she moved on.’ Chairman remarked.

‘No, it’s not a good news. I was wondering how to communicate this with Jai. She married Mithun. He is full of vengeance towards you and Jai , claiming you stagnated his career.’

Chairman and the old man stood silently. In the distance they could see Jai and Priya laughing loudly at something unaware of the information.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Ohhh..Is Mithun going to do something to them ..?? :smirk::smirk:
    PS

7. blackbeauty84

Lets see what is he planning to do...

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm.... what is Mithun up to?? hope he is not going to ruin this sweet happy going family.

9. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

thank you blackbeauty84 for the wonderful story and narration.

I just happened to visit this thread today and finished reading all the chapters at one go.

waiting for the next episodes.........

10. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Good going BB. I love the way the characters are facing life. Awesome:clap2::clap2::number_one:. Keeping fingers crossed for your next episode.