1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Questions In Public

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by idonthatemylife, Oct 18, 2016.

1. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Super!

anika987 and sbonigala like this.
  2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Seriously? How low can she stoop?

I wonder what her problem is. She has clearly decided to insult you. Do you remember any incident wherein you felt she was offended by your act in some sense(even though it wasnt deliberate)?

sbonigala likes this.
  3. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Fantastic. You need to remove toxic individuals from your life.

sbonigala likes this.
  4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Lol. Never have I insulted her. I was very new to the city and was desperate for friends. She came out of the church one sunday and introduced herself and her family to me, my husband and kids. And you know how fast kids get along with the kids of their age. So every week after the mass in the church they used to play together while we adults had a catch up over coffee.
    Every week someone or the other used to bring some home made stuff so I started to take some home made cakes to go with the coffee that was provided in the church.
    Later I got to know that among the Indians that were present she was the only baker. She never repeated the flavour of the cake she made.
    When I started baking she kinda felt that I was a competitor. I was completely unaware of this. I stuck to bake what am good at - plain vanilla cakes and nutella-peanut butter -banana bread and butter cookies. Many people liked it with coffee. So mine were always gone first.

Maybe she was not happy about it. Maybe she felt that I have taken over the sole baker position. I honestly don't know. It was one of those days when I walked in to grab a cuppa she started talking about my body.

sindmani, iamsrihere and Umanga like this.
  5. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Oh my God. Human beings. I don't know what to do with them. Our jealousy is so easily aroused, our position in the totem pole so easily snatched.

sbonigala likes this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Now the reason is evident.There are such people who compete with us even we are not.

My aunt is very much like this..She will also do similar talks because she feels low in some silly competition that she has with us(my family)..

You did the best by being direct with her.Just hope she realizes her mistake and at least stop having such an attitude with others.

sindmani, anika987 and sbonigala like this.
  7. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

OP, Don't take it to heart. May be she is thinking about it, but not sure if she should go ahead? Maybe she is looking for some one to discuss it with? May be she is just plain rude and interfering? I can't say without further context. In either case, it does seem weird to ask such a personal question to some one whom one doesn't know well.