1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@KK, you really inspire me a lot with your routine!! I am able to do only 7500 steps average these days. Need to up that to 10,000.

kkrish likes this.
  2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This past week was a bit slow for me as one of my daughters was sick and home for 2 days.

During the week I did the "Power Hour" and it works wonderfully to do many chores quickly and feel accomplished. A "Power Hour" is basically listing some task for ourselves and setting a timer for 1 hour and doing the items on the list. When the timer goes off we can either stop or continue if you feel energized enough to go on :)

I listed mostly cleaning tasks, like sweeping, mopping, dishes, bathrooms etc and few organizing work, such as clearing study table etc. So by the end of an hour I feel really accomplished because I have crossed off most of the items on the list :)

damini and kkrish like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Wow! This is a novel approach. It's like a race with yourself and against time. Will try it some day.

4. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

yesterday:
    woke up @7, went to gym and then began cooking..
    morning made idlies for bf, lunch- rice, rasam & okra semi fry
    dinner-made idlies again with onion chutney as i had to take my kid to play out..so it was tiring and hence idly saved me!!
    then took a bath, got ready, woke my kid and made him ready..by that time i was already running late..so dint have time for feeding him bf..

so i will have to wake up half hour early..but today also woke around 7ish.. should practice from tmrw to wake up half hour early...

kkrish likes this.
  5. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Having moved to a different place, had to sitback and rework on the organization schedule...jotting them down...3weeks managed successfully with this plan...

Beginning of every week..i allocate my house keeping duties...alternate days for cleaning rooms..kitchen everyday..

I did like this idea of first choosing a vegetable /many vegges a day....and then preparing something out of it....inorder to maximize fridge vege utilization...havent had much success though.. will reinforce this rule later...

Now have a lil less stressfull mornings as i preplan and prepare beforehand on sunday like cooking potatoes , along with carrot and beans....can be used as filling in bby sandwich or kati rolls... grinding dosa maavu...mixing chapathi dough...so far i am able to stick by the plan...

kkrish likes this.
  6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks krish i will do.. i need your guidenes to do. these days i feel like doing work whole day .

Dont know where i am doing mistake . This is what my schedule.

6 to 6.30 gotup
    6.30 to 7.45 cooking breakfast and lunch . Packing lunch box for DH.
    7.45 to 8 i am brushing and waking up my dd
    8.15 to 9.15 dd brushing, bathing, eating and make her ready to go kindergarten
    9.15 to 9.30 drop her in kita ( very near to home)
    9.30 to 10 breakfast and bathing
    10 to 11 speaking to relations
    11 to 1.30 cleaning kitchen/vessels/washing sometimes going to market
    1.30 to 2.30 browsing and lunch
    2.30 to 3.30 sleeping sometimes and dont know what doing other days
    3.30 to 3.45 pickup dd from kita
    3.45 to 5.15 feeding her and playing then she will speak her frand parents
    5.20 th will be back
    5.20 to 6 snacks and tea time
    6.30 to 9 dinner preparation and kitchen cleaning. Cutting and soaking for next day cooking
    Around 10 came to bed

Most of the time i dont know what doing... time flies very fast.... even i wont watch tv and movies.

My husband wont do any work at home. I am more disappointed to expect him...

From.last week i am following the weekly menu its some how helping.

Please help me i want to be relax.

kkrish likes this.
  7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Germany is too good..... very peaceful life good weather. . Days are running faster.... 2011 i have joined in IL when i try to conceive. She is 4 years old now....

Due to i am lagging in schedule my work getting upset and got angry iften. Because of me dd also disturbed... today she said dont keep your fave like this i dont like it nu.... she can understand my feeling but my husband didnt... many times i asked him he said will try do but not yet.

Expecting husband help for household and kids caring is wrong??? He is saying my mom wont allow me to do any work.... many times he said the same reason. Then i left but my anger is moving towrds my kid...

How you ladies handling household, kid and office..

kkrish likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @BuviVishal
    How are you?

Thanks for asking me to help out. I saw your routine and here are a few of my observations.

But before going into it, one thing I would strongly recommend.
    That is, do not expect help from your husband. It is clear that he is refusing to do it. The more you ask him the more he will refuse. So let that go now. One day he may help out.
    Placing expectations on others is a major reason for stress.

You are already doing the work, now just change your outlook and do it thinking "I am enjoying this." It will slowly become enjoyable.

I see that from 9:30 - 3:30 you have time all for yourself.
    That is six hours.
    I also do not see you exercising. Not exercising also will make you tired and moody and sad.

Is it possible to have your breakfast early with you H or with your kid?
    Then, after dropping off your kid at school, take a walk for an hour (or go to the gym) and then return home.
    Here too, gym is a second option. A walk in the park/neighborhood under sunlight would be more beneficial and cheaper.

Have your shower and do the rest of the things as usual.
    This will give a sense of well being.
    Try just this one change.

I will recommend keeping your afternoon ( 30-45 minutes) nap a regular habit.

Best wishes.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    swathi27 likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I might have missed this..But want to know what you use to track your steps.

kkrish likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @blackbeauty84
    I use FitBit... the wearable tracker.
    There are many out in the market.

Previously I tracked it on my smartphone with the app Pacer. Many smartphones come with inbuilt health apps.
    The downside to phone use - it was not possible to keep it close to the body all times, because my dresses and even my dress pants do not have pockets.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017