1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lending Money To His Sister.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SadMarried, Jun 20, 2017.

1. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

I understand what you mean dear. Its not like im objecting him from looking after his family. We also spend around 5-6k a year for in-laws, for their luxury gifts and more if needed for anything else.I understand his parents are our responsibilities. He has 2 married sisters, who along with their kids(4 of them) think he is their to fulfill all their needs example from ipad, iphone, laptop to luxury holiday to UK and europe, all this i accepted, but now they have started demanding big sum of money in the name of loan which they dont talk abt returning from past experience. So its not like im objecting him from looking after his family but want him to understand they just are taking him for granted, its not his responsibility to fulfill all of their needs. They are married and got very rich hubbies.

Separating finance from day one would have been very good approach. But that time didnt think of that. Im off on maternity at the moment, so will see if i can do once i start work.

nuss likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

OP- I agree, his married sisters and their brood is not your husband's responsibility. Is it possible for you to tie up most of your income? May be find a way like- an allowance say $500 (or whatever you feel comfortable with) per month for each of you to spend or save and rest will go in a joint a/c that you both have access to? Can you both go to an investment planner together so your husband can see a big picture of your finances? It helps me to think about the amount needed for college education for kids and for us to be able to retire comfortably.