1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chudidhar Means Behenji/aunty??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Jun 25, 2017.

1. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Shorts? really? I can't imagine doing this, but I want to.

2. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Haha.. I used to wonder the Same question- getting out of tight legging must be frustrating, especially in hot and humid climate. I guess fashion rules over comfort nowadays.

If Chudidar/ salwar define a woman as Behenji- I am a certainly the one!
    I personally always liked wearing loose fitting kameez over the traditional salwar, especially during summer ( here or there- basically anywhere :blush:). Back when I was in India, Patiala salwar was very much in fashion. So much better, comfortable and roomier than tight leggings. Now, Palazzos are in fashion. Behenji or no, I still rock salwar kameez with an elegance.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. BhumiBabe

Legging are more comfortable, when dealing with bathrooms. And if you get the right type, they are actually comfy and breathable. The ones in posh stores, like Global desi, run small.

Personally, I wish we could wear pavada chata (skirt and top), as normal wear. When I was younger, I looked cute in half-saris (they look bad now, since I clearly look older), and it was so much easier to manage than a sari. I just really like skirts. Freedom, yet modest.

Sandycandy and blessings1010 like this.
  4. blessings1010

not sure of jeans. But pairing the Kurti with pants looks good.

upload_2017-6-26_13-19-9.png upload_2017-6-26_13-19-58.png upload_2017-6-26_13-20-42.png

upload_2017-6-26_13-22-30.png

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Sandycandy and Naari like this.
  5. blessings1010

OH skirts and top are the best. Because:thumbup::thumbup:- Why not? They look cool and a give a bit boho appeal. Try the silk skirts with white tops.

Sandycandy and Sunburst like this.
  6. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

This post is helping me in understanding the recent trends in wearing kurtis. Here we are, combination of kurtis and skirts

[​IMG]

This combination would be frowned upon while I was a girl ( salwar with petticoat) :blush:, but now its a trend.

Anisu, Sandycandy, Naari and 3 others like this.
  7. BhumiBabe

My favorite style. I need to buy more skirts.

8. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I second the pavadai chattai. I did not know that's what it was called but it's a nice dress.

Must be a relatively modern dress. Can't imagine it has been around for very long.

9. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Yes, women should start wearing Patiala Salwars instead of those hideous leggings.

They are modest in that they hide the exact shape of the legs yet are very feminine at the same time. They add volume to the legs of thin girls and obscure the size of the legs of some of the healthier ones.

All in all, a very pleasing sight to behold.

I like seeing women in churidars also but they act like a gateway drug for leggings :worried:.

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

But if one has to catch a train or a bus for daily commute , wonder how comfortable those skirts would be ??? It's so easy to trip in skirts than leggings or salwars. I also find it a bit of a hassle to use the washroom when I wear skirts . Skirts are beautiful but it's not comfortable for daily commute .

Sandycandy and Naari like this.