2nd Time Ttc Issues - Pls Suggest

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gouricocktail, Jan 31, 2017.

1. gouricocktail

gouricocktail Silver IL'ite

I was able to conceive quickly with my first pregnancy.
    My DH has ED problems but still I was able to conceive with the help of medicines that helped with his ED.

We are trying for 2nd time. We are trying for 6 months with no luck.
    I have become over-weight after 1st delivery.
    I am 8 to 9 kgs above the normal BMI optimum weight.
    My age is 33.

I use 'Pre-Seed Personal Lubricant' while baby-making.

What is wrong? What should I do ?
    Is weight or age THE problem?

My DH did a home-sperm-count test and the result was positive.

What should I do now ?

2. gouricocktail

my bmi is 27. what could be the reason for no luck?

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

While they put you both through more tests and try to diagnose the problem and then suggest trying IUI as the first step, you could try to see whether you can persuade your doctor to agree to starting IUI attempts now itself. Could save some months and you'll feel less helpless.

There are much more expert members.. hope they'll post more useful suggestions and also comment on feasibility of above.

Nonya likes this.
  4. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Reduce ur weight since the optimal BMI for a woman is between 18-23. Stick to a diet plan, follow regular exercise. Since urs is secondary infertility don't lose hopes, may be it will take some time. Try pointing ur fertile days n be together those days. My advice is reduce ur weight n try atleast 3-4months, if u don't then go to a gynaecologist. U can also go for a thyroid profile once now itself. That may be a cause for ur weight gain n infertility. Tc dear.

coffeecups likes this.
  5. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

@gouricocktail ,
    Check with ur doctor whether u r ovulating monthly. Buy ovulation strip and check or consult ur doctor. Even I am in same age and in second pregnancy. I tried for 6 month naturally but after 6 month I came to know I have slight pcod and not ovulating naturally. So doctor suggested Clomid. I took Clomid for 3 month and after that fourth month I took Clomid ,estrodiol and progesterone , pre seed , mensural cup, vitamin tablet.i got conceived after 8 month try. So don't lose hope.

6. gouricocktail

I am unable to loose weight. Unable to control my diet :( BMI is still 27. I walk everyday for 2 miles. Clomid failed. Clomid + trigger shot + IUI + vaginal progesterone failed. Going through a big emotional roller-coaster in life. :( :(

7. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

First of all, try not to worry. I am sure, its easier said than done.

Second, take a balanced diet, exercise as much as you can ( atleast 4-5 days every week), stay away from toxic stuff. Get yourself evaluated by a gynaecogist. I am sure you are young enough to have a baby. 33 is not too old.

If you would like to go the ART route, please give it a few cycles to see success. You can go through my thread here. I am 33, and have never been pregnant. But even the doctor needs a few cycles to understand how your body responds to medication and come up with the best protocol that works for you.

Good luck

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

You are only 33 so you still have a good few years before your fertility goes down . Most working women are now having healthy pregnancies in early or mid 30's . I would strongly recommend you to have a good diet and first lose some weight . Excess weight definitely hampers your ability to conceive . Even if you go for IVF, your doctor will first ask you to lose some weight and get your BMI to < 25. Weight gain also could be an indicator for PCOS which disrupts your hormonal cycle and ability to lose weight . Please get yourself throughly examined by an obgyn for PCOS or any underlying medical issues . Do you have regular AF?

There are ovulation kits available which can predict your fertile window or your ovulation date. If you are in tune with your body , you can predict yourself when the ovulation will happen based on the increased discharge but ovulation kits are more reliable so buy one .First get a hang of how any days after your AF does your body start showing signs of an ovulation. Sperms can live in the body for 2,3 days ,or even 5 in some cases , so ideal would be to do the deed every other day in your fertile window so 1,2 days before the ovulation,on ovulation day and within 24-36 hours post ovulation. This gives more chances for his swimmers to meet the egg.

Also , don't stress too much about it . Learn to enjoy the intimacy without thinking about the results . You cannot control everything so at least live in the present and enjoy the act ;)

9. snehalJoshi

snehalJoshi Silver IL'ite

TTC journeys are Very frustrating

10. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi.i would say take TTC stressfrom your mind.dont stress yourself.that s the main reason.i would recommend you to continue walking and eat healthy diet.that helps a lot.i t will happen.dont expect every month.that will cause unknown pressure.please forget that your actively trying.relax and continue your regular preparation and say Garbarakshambigai slogam.you ll definitely succeed.all the best