1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Haircut: Fringes

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rohanbs, Jun 14, 2017.

1. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

3-priyanka-chopra-lipstick~2.jpg This is suggestion from one of the parlor lady nearby our house for moms bang haircut. Is it ok to go ahead with this? Please suggest.

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

This is a good length. But you can also opt for a longer length. As the shortest length of the fringe (the one touching her eyes)in the front will have to be put back with a pin. Or it can be set back with oil or mousse.

An idea, take the front of her hair and fold or roll it to the length you want to cut, then try to put it back and tie her hair like she does in native. Reduce or increase the length till she finds the shortest length she's happy with and mark it. Finding the shortest length to start the fringe is the key here as the other layers will be longer than that.

rohanbs likes this.
  3. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Our doubt might be silly, but those are because of lack of knowledge in this area.
    For mom important thing is to hide those bang properly. If she feels confident in that she will try that haircut without any problem.
    So please bear with us.
    One more question. It was seen that the side fringes are shown by keeping hair open. So, whenever she wants to show fringes/bangs, does she need to keep hair open always? Is there any other hairstyle which she can do?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    blessings1010 likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Lol.. I understand.. it's realy a sweet thing.

It's because of the hiding thing, I recommended to check the comfortable length first. It will help.

To answer your question, no, the hair doesn't have to be open to show the fringe, pony tail, bun, braids, anything works. Just comb the fringe separately to the side.

5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

OP, you are so sweet supporting muma in her desire to try something new. Keep it up.
    One more thing mumma can do is, keep the fringes a bit longer and make a small braid with just the fringes and then pin it back. That way she can keep her usual hairstyle for long hair. And even if she does not want to continue, she can oil the fringes regularly to grow them out faster.
    Believe me 50s in new 40s. Tell mumma that. In fact bangs/ fringes will make her look younger too. You also try some new hairstyle to give her a company. That will be fun. Do check out you tube/ Pinterest for new ideas for hairstyles with fringes.
    me and sis do this every time. Last time, I got so bored sitting at home that I cut my fringes myself at home watching youtube. And next day, big sis got herself a new hairstyle. Now it has become a signature for us. Within a month, my fringes grew back.

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Get a longer fringe , it is easier to pin it back and won't keep falling on her face. She can also tie a ponytail or a braid and still have the fringe by the side of the face.

rohanbs likes this.
  7. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Thanks for all lovely responses. Thats why these forums are special. Now i am demanding much. Sorry for that. If possible, can you please share one photo of these hairstyles? For example we (specially mom) are unable to visualize 'Just comb the fringe separately' or 'make a small braid with just the fringes' or 'ponytail or a braid and still have the fringe by the side of the face.'. consider this as a request.

8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Go to google image and put the following two - you will see many ideas about how they have styled the front.

long fringe with tied hair
    Long fringe ponytail

9. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Thanks for response. Will take help from Google for images. Because of your ideas and suggestions, mom is now confident about hiding fringes when she goes back to native, so she will surely cut fringes as per your suggestions. All these years she carries only two hairstyles, simple bun and braid. This will be big change for her(hopefully positive). When she goes back to native she will hide fringes, but she would like to show fringes sometimes, mostly when she is meeting her friends who are simple like her. Thanks to all of you. Will update you. More suggestions are also welcome, if any.

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Thanks to you all on behalf of my mom. Because of your innovative ideas, it made mom easy to take positive decision. Yesterday mom had first haircut of life. After listening to her problem, the parlor lady has taken care while cutting fringes. Also she had showed mom hoe she can hide fringes by tieing bun like she ties normally. She had also cut her ends. Even After listening to all these tricks, Mom was very nervous. Still she has taken this risk. Today we are going to attend one of my office colleagues reception ceremony. Let's see if she shows her fringes. Nobody knows her there, which is good for her to do anything. If you have any suggestion about hairstyle for such occasion, we would like to hear. Thanks again.

Sandycandy likes this.