1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is The Current India Better To Live Than Abroad ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anika987, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

not getting jobs in india is what madse people migrate

Mistt and BhumiBabe like this.
  2. Sunshine04

yeah.why waste time

anika987 likes this.
  3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

It depends on perspective... in the US, public school education is usually enough - while in India, most people have to attend private schools to get into good universities. There are good institutions and bad institutions - the competition in India forces children to have to make high grades to succeed. In the US, there is competition, but there is also options available for all other learning types (like the musically, artistically, or business - inclined individuals)

In the end, it's not about the grades, but the opportunities that are available for students.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

So true, that's why my dad migrated more than 30 years ago. And it's why my husband migrated 10 years ago.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Each one's lifestyle,circumstances,life partner,the place they live ,money they earn,preferences etc etc make them stay in the USA or India.

We are all educated enough to know that not everyone is unhappy in USA or happy in India and vice versa.

There are lot of people who hate chennai claiming it is conservative,hot that and this but I love chennai as it It my hometown!If there is bashing amongst different states in India itself,why bash USA?

People in USA are not deshdrohi nor everyone here is unhappy and hate it.We miss India coz we are nostalgic and it is our home country no matter what.

The purpose of this thread is not to bash anyone or any country coz perspective and interests vary.Just making assumptions based on few experiences is what is wrong and especially trying to irritate your own friends or family is not right.Be it India or America.That's what I wanted to convey.

Education is not what matters. who is educating the kids matters.Our Indian parents are super smart.If they can bring up kids academically well with rote learning,handing them practical knowledge like America does will create wonders for the kids.School ratings are amazing in America too and is flooded with Indian kids.They are as smart and very independent too.

India has brains and culture.It is like a raw diamond.We are getting polished and one day it will be like kohinoor which is everyone's ultimate dream.getting dramatic :)

Club India with the good side of America like American infrastructure and their cleanliness and non judgemental life,freedom..nothing to beat India.

So let's respect and not bash anyone's lifestyle or country.

sindmani and blessings1010 like this.
  6. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Agree with everything lovely @anika987, except " Education matters. Because it does not only happen in the School system, it happens all the time, more so outside the school system."
    Yes, parents are kid's first and most imp teachers.

anika987 likes this.
  7. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I think it is natural to draw comparisons. We often get overly attached to our country when we don't live in it. We focus on the positives and forget the negatives. This is very easy to do because when we are abroad we are ambassadors for our country and are intimately associated with it. In the process of defending ourselves we find ourselves defending our country as a whole.

When we come here, we get a shock, vacations notwithstanding. I still hold that if you had to live here you would have a very, very different perspective on India. Most Indians do, most Indians are quite fed-up actually.

I think what your relatives and friends are doing to you is not fair at all. Their "bashing" of the States is disingenuous and not based on cold, hard facts. They seem to be playing some emotional game with you and getting away with it. The sooner you distance yourself from them, the better.

You must remember, what they show in movies is not the real India. It is easy to get carried away with movies and serials when they are our only Indian stimulus. Everyday Indian life has its own way of teaching you a good, hard lesson. I pray you never have to learn it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Heard of H1 - most come here on already existing jobs ...

Unless one is sponsored by family or illegal ,most come here on h1 or student visas or for investing in business

I don't think Us gives visas to job less people

9. Sunshine04

But no jobs for smart kids:sweatsmile:

Mistt and Umanga like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

wrong ! Few of us come here legally as students and then get jobs on H1 !
    The education system here is far superior , focus is on logical thinking and development of the student as a unique individual with varied interests. In India it is all about the grades. Who asks about a students clinical or research experience when they apply to medical school in India ? It's all about getting 99.99 % in the 12th standard and getting a good rank on the entrance tests .

sindmani likes this.