1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friendship Ended Because Of Kid

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Subhaganesh, May 17, 2017.

1. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Neighbour lady is trying to tell me that it's not her mistake that she told in front my dd because she wants to compare that we (me and husband) may fight in front of dd it's just like that..nothing to hurt you.... I told it's ok to tell to me but atleast not in front of my dd

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

There are so many incidents I can mention here that she is very much egoistic and dominant... but still I ignore since kids enjoy playing together .. I too limit myself in sharing personal things.. she used to act like she knows everything in this world... just we speak about general things...
    By the way I didn't cut the friendship I just limited it because I don't want my dd to hurt again... she realized that and asked me then this discussion went on.. all of a sudden she stopped talking not even giving smile when we pass .. I felt bad about this so thought of asking in indusladies

3. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

The way my dd explaining this to her dad made us to cry... " daddy am I talking bad ? You told me I became so much better and smarter now? Then why xxx (neighbor son) is imitating me like that? We were out of words .... but somehow we gave her lositive wordd ...my husband also cried in the room by thinking this... later he mentioned me you see someday my daughter will shine in everything she does...

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Yes, she will shine...
    My cousin brother used to stammer in childhood, after he tired adult he stopped that.
    We never teased or irritated him.
    The family would just say oh ya when we get tensed we talk like that... eventually he is doing good in his life, his career etc.
    Never ever mention that... She is good smart and will reach great heights.

I too have some nosy neighbors
    You would ROFL, my kid started speaking very early (my whole dynasty talks too much), so she picked easily by 10 months
    Recently we were talking in a common area where the neighbor told her daughter started walking 6 months, just to mock me. Imagine who can walk at 6 months???
    Forget that lady, move on!...

sindmani and Subhaganesh like this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP.
    It is all about positive energy. It is better to stay away from negative people and negative situations as much as we can.

Quite natural to get emotional.But make it dd's strength. Don't show her that you two get affected by this. That will affect her confidence than others reactions.

Tell her that she can can achieve many things in her life. I personally know two great persons, leaders in their field of work with similar issues, on milder side. The way they handle it is amazing. (See here a list of achievers here if you want to tell her stories, List of stutterers - Wikipedia)

Give her confidence. Teach her to smile it off. Let her shine.
    Neglect the noises and move on.

6. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

Yes she is dominating and trying to show you wrong. No sense in comparing on what you mentioned to her, to you and your husband fight.
    she is just trying to win the argument.
    You still wanted to maintain but she cut from her side. so stay away.
    Tell your kid, they are mean so you decided to avoid. Its good to teach kids from childhood to avoid mean people rather than being sticking to them and loose our sanity.
    I have cut down not just with one single couple but entire gang. we were group of 4-5 families know each other for 3 yrs, very good and all used to be nice. I had a boy first, then the other 2 ladies had girls in next 1-2 yrs. They both wanted to have boys and also used to ask me about wish to have boy. I always told them am not having any boy girl preferences.
    so slowly these ladies and also one more, all ganged up they would love the kids girls more. My boy used to be left out, no attention to him in parties. Not just that, in one party they gave lecture to my son that he should give away the toys to girls as he is elder. he was only 2 then. And one time they kind of scolded him, and would say its good to have girl child than boy child as in future there will be no girls. so boys will have to run behind girls to marry all that stuff. They will constantly comment your son just holded my daughter hand etc.

I decided to end the friendship, coz if i continue it was effecting my mental peace and my son self confidence. I thought how the hell these adults be mean to kids. common they are kids. 2-3 yr old kids and you take out all silly meanings for their behavior.

I didnt say a word to any of them. Just stopped all parties,they used to call and ask me on why am not coming.
    even now they invite and i avoid 99% of meeting them. We smile at each other if we come across. There are instances, they come and give my son a hug, express how much their daughters want to play with my son etc. But still i avoid their parties. and that was the best thing for my son. He made some very good friends and has great self confidence.

7. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

My husband told me the same he said that she is behaving as if you are wrong... that neighbor stopped talking to her brother in law why because he told that her son is " too much" only this word..he didn't mention in what way or anything...may be good or bad... but this neighbor lady imagined that her son is very active that he means that... as of it know she told she didn't talk to them for a year...
    Then how come she can do this to somebody else kid??
    Don't she know that it will hurt me?

8. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

i am not understanding the issue..

friends son imitates your daughter and she did the right thing by correcting him, it is rude & mean of him to imitate your daughter, but kids are mean. She notifies you that she corrected her son's behavior. She might be thinking you might have heard him making fun of your daughter, being neighbors and such and to come clean to you saying that she corrected her son. the bad part is your daughter overheard it & feels bad...you have to work on that with your daughter, stammering should not kill her confidence & people will make fun of her, she has to work up her confidence to raise above the jokes and insults. this happened with my cousin, he never used to go to stores to buy stuff as a kid because he felt everyone looked at him weird cause his stammering issue, his mom sheltered him & would accept that as an answer & not ask him to go to stores. I see the backlash of this till today. No need for your H to cry, you both have to confident first

y r u mad?

9. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

I didn't hear her son imitating or so... she intentionally pulled thus topic and mentioned me.. by the way her son is just 3..I don't think he is mean..I feel he is baby... he might have imitated my dd but why this lady is mentioned to me?that's my point