1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Independence According To Women

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sindmani, May 12, 2017.

1. smuruga

smuruga Senior IL'ite

Educated or literate women doesn't matter. Some women are financially independent but emotionally dependent on others. Some women are emotionally independent, but financially dependent. Can we really be independent always? I would say the answer is no. we human beings are by nature social animals who inter-depend on each other. Interdependence is inevitable everywhere. My two cents about true independent women is one who understands the principle of interdependence and have a balanced interaction with others and with oneself.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Smuruga , it is true what u have said. Thanks. Women or men can't be always independent. I understand. What my point is being in a family , in the society, in this environment , women should fulfill all responsibilities like a man does , along with that she needs to create her identity.

3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

According to me, an independent, strong women means a woman who loves herself n lives her life as per her choice. Like for e.g., working or not working, studying or not studying, etc, it should be her choice.

Very good examples for me were my grandmothers n aunts, the whole house n family were controlled by dem (like bahubali queen), d husband, children, even d grandchildren n everyone listened to only dem. Every decisions were taken by dem. Dey may look soft, but I feel they were a lot stronger than our generation. Showed me u don need education, financial freedom, google, worldly knowledge to be that strong.

Not jus women, men does go through many of these factors as well. Not many live as per their choice. Can u imagine how a guy is socially looked upon when he wants to be a house husband? Even his own family won't let him. Even men goes thru in laws problems n abuse. I know of a husband who puts up with his ma in laws torture everyday just for his wife. They r at a even sadder state, because they can't even say as much as we can.

sindmani and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True Ashneys. I understand and respect every men for their hard work, sense of responsibility, balancing the whole family behind them . house husbands are not given proper acknowledgement, they are judged . true. But majority problems in the society or in any part of the world is for women. It is a universal truth. But still I know our situation is far better than it was before. But still we are long behind in providing a safe and healthy world for women. Women is still termed as weaker section of the society. But we are physically, mentally, spiritually as strong as men. We can also do kick boxing, karate, play basket ball, cricket. But we are brought up saying u are a girl ,so need of karate or more of sports. We can say many sports personalities are there in women too. But very few. I am a basketball player, won awards. But now I am not practicing much.if I see a basketball I will keep on looking at it , bouncing it etc. But now its different.we somewhere lose our identity or our passion .even though a woman has her career , she has lost her passion.

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Little me time can be a motivating factor for women. She can pursue her hobbies in that time.
    Getting a say in the financial management of her home can get her some motivation