1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Married Life Which Never Started

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aamrapali, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Aamrapali,

I want to bring to the fore this observation of Rihana.

I have read your posting somewhere. That was an impressive post! The only reason I posted in your thread today is because you didn’t appear impulsive like someone who married the second time on a whim. You sounded balanced and analytic in your thinking in that post as well as this post. You are not someone who will risk the second time with little or no caution. You would have contemplated a lot about this guy only then agreed, which means there was something about him which charmed you.

If that indulgence has dissipated, or back-grounded, it is for you to not just sense or infer but firmly determine.

Often to retain our sanity, we convince ourselves that our perception of reality is the only reality. You need to know what is he thinking, how does he feel about your estranged life. If both have given up for whatever reasons, only then make a clean break and divorce. You or he might not realise now but one of you could be attracted to someone in the near future and you don’t want the hassle and guilt of EMA hovering on your head. That will complicate life further!

2. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

Aamrapali,

Can you perceive your dreams by not getting into a official divorce process. coz that might drain you and divert your worries to a new thing.

You are available for him all time. He is taking you for granted.
    The best thing you should do at this point is to make more people in your life. I know its tough for people like you and me who are not social.
    You can try Satsang or travel meetups.

3. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

WiseAgnes: "Age is a Number" - every time you hear this, what comes to your mind is an elderly person dancing, running, studying, dating, etc.

Has anyone ever thought you could envision it the other way around too - yes, now that would be me.

When life throws at you the ups and downs which even my parents have not had to face, 40s is just a number, every pore and cell of you feels you are very close to the end. It is extremely difficult to feel otherwise and live otherwise according to your age - you are "old" in thought even if your body is young.

SunPa likes this.
  4. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Iravati: I "NEVER" wanted to marry a second time. God only knows "JUST HOW MUCH" I pushed this man away but he would not leave. (As they say, the chase is always interesting). And then again .... "never say never".... after consulting my family and friends, including mutual friends - I half-heartedly agreed. SIGNIFICANT in-laws problems because of my divorcee status. It was quite ugly that even after marriage, I considered annulment. Once again, my family encouraged me to give time and be patient. And be practical for my future.

As stupid and irrational as this may sound: I truly believed when my first marriage ended that it was because my ex-husband's family was not super thrilled about the alliance (personal selection - "2 states"). When I came to know my present husband's family has reservations too, I put my foot down that I am not going through this a second time and I have a superstition that if we marry without their blessing and consent and approval, this will fall apart too. And it did.....I even negotiated a live-in relationship for fear of having to go through another ugly divorce. He wanted a proper marriage. So here I am...

Absolutely no third relationship. I feel half-dead already, a 3rd will kill me for sure.

5. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

To Rihana, SGBV, ashneys, fourthaugust, and anyone else whose name I may left out: thank you.

Emotionally, I have checked out. I don't know if or when I will ever be able to go back and be the same person I was to him. It will just not be the same again. Could it get worse - maybe. Will it get better - doubt it. If nothing changed in all these years, what could possibly trigger a sincere permanent change now that does not include a crisis (cancer, death, divorce...). Thanks again to all who wrote back.

6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@aamrapali ,
    Like Iravati and @Rihana have mentioned, I have found your posts to be well balanced and well thought out , so hesitate to advice, I doubt I could offer anything better than what you can come up with.

The sense of bleakness oozing from your post ...
    Jeenae ki vajah toh koi nahi , marneka bahana doondta hai...

This pain isnt just about your marriage, your expectations, your husband, it is about the sense of unfulfillment, a void within you. Whether you walk out of this marriage or not , please find some meaning, purpose in your life. You are a beautiful , intelligent and wise woman, you will find your way.

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Why should a person feel that someone else is responsible to make them happy ? Man pursued, and caught someone who was (admittedly somewhat to pretty much) recalcitrant about a remarriage. What was the premarital promise -- expressed or implied ? We don't know. Perhaps the man is pooped after that pursuit. Perhaps it is true about buyer's remorse -- the harder the haggling to the purchase, the greater the remorse on ownership. We don't know.

The OP aamrapali ought to find ways to engage with the world. A woman of 40 with such a lot of "pro"s listed in the first post should find it easy to go out and do something on her own. There are no generic prescriptions for this.

8. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

OP...

many couple are in the same shoes as you. My 1st marriage was like this, I will come home & there will be silence! I was busy with dance & other things, had many friends..but still nothing replaced the lonliness i felt in the marriage. a feeling of suffocation...a fear, if my life was doomed. i left my spouse citing his cheating as the reason...but later I realized it was not the cheating, I felt very lonely in the marriage and I wanted a final nail in the coffin that would make me leave. I thank all my stars

choosing the right partner is the most important thing in a marriage. I got very lucky with my 2nd marriage. and there is a world of difference! i come home there is laughter, there is a connection and there is good sex..since i feel the difference, I can relate to what you are going through.

i suggest you both go for marriage counseling before taking any major decisions

cheenu123 and Visalu like this.
  9. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

it is not about 'someone' has to make people happy. It is having someone very close to you, you see them everyday and then slowly a feeling of "not caring" seeps in. the couples just exist and they don't live. it is like a disease, you can't run away from it...not matter how much you try to mask it by "creating" happiness elsewhere..the disease is always at the back of your mind, waiting to pounce on you as soon as you face the reality

ShilpaMa, aamrapali and SGBV like this.
  10. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.