1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pregnancy Escapade

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by priyabaghel, Apr 7, 2017.

1. priyabaghel

priyabaghel Silver IL'ite

Having a baby changes your world so that it can never be the same again. It lights up with so much love and those adorable tiny smiles. After trying hard to conceive and Googling on 'how go get pregnant' when we finally spotted those two pink lines, we were in disbelief for quite some time. We immediately rushed to the nearest hospital to get a blood work done. You know it's difficult to trust the second faint pink line! Oh man, when it was confirmed, well, I just didn't know how to react and probably just took a nap till the thought synced in. The thought that a tiny human will be growing inside me always fascinated me. I mean, how nature can be so beautiful! I was dying to experience the joys what pregnancy will bring along.

Ok, so I had read enough about the symptoms and was wondering why nothing at all seems to happen with me. Two of my friends were also pregnant and were expecting around the same time as me. So I had company to talk about pregnancy and my feelings nonstop with people who were going through the same. My pregnancy was fantastic! Really!

I could be pregnant all my life. Let me tell you why.

So normally people end up with morning sickness, feeling bloated and all that and here I was - no sign of any discomfort but too much comfort. I was sleeping all the time. Oh man, how I loved sleeping and now I have a hormonal license to my defence and I was eating all the time. So it made up a perfect vacation for me.

Suddenly Mr. Husband and everyone around started taking care of me than ever before, so much that I could have managed a pedicure or a massage absolutely free of cost.

So sleep, food, people at your service doesn't it all sound too good? First trimester just flew by, resting, getting pampered and disclosing the news to the dear ones.

Second trimester as is said is the best of all. By this time, I was much more energetic. All the food aversions were gone and I felt refreshed. What's the best thing that happens in second trimester? Well, you feel your baby move! Feeling these movements are heavenly. There's no better feeling than this and for this, I could be pregnant forever. We would sit for long and watch the little one doing all his acrobatics moves. He would move in such a way as if he is responding to what we say. My baby loved music and good food. Either of it would make him jump. We went on walks; read together, been on vacation, shopped together, he was always a part of me and my partner in what I do even before he was born. We were establishing a bond. I am sure we were equally anxious to meet each other.

I looked forward to every check up with my gynaecologist to get a glimpse of my unborn love. He would sometime wave us back too. As we stepped into the last trimester, the excitement began to rise andthe waiting period seemed to be never ending. So much of things were needed to be done. We shopped for baby clothes and other accessories, packed hospital bag and were all ready. I spent my last trimester mainly reading about stuff that would be of concern post birth. I read about giving birth, how to manage labour, hypnobirthing techniques to Breastfeeding. To the new mums to be, All I Want to say is, being well read and informed empowers us to face the unknown.

Birthing is not easy; it is a life changing experience. It is important to discuss your birth plans with your doctor and make sure you are in sync. This is one experience ever woman would cherish throughout her life and hence it needs to be special. I had a very smooth pregnancy. I was one of those lucky few who did not experience discomfort of any sort. Yes, even the growing belly was much cooperative. Every woman must understand her body. It helps when you plan to conceive as well as it tells you when you are about to go into labour. I was already past my due date with no labour pains. My doctor suggested to get induced as I had Gestational Diabetes too, but it was my call to wait for few more days as there was no other emergency. I lost my mucous plug in the 41st week and the very same night labour started. After gruesome, gruesome 20 hours, my Munchkin decided to show up. Meeting him was worth all the pain.

As it is said, your life alters when you give life. It truly does. I don’t remember anything so beautiful that has ever happened to me. Its bliss and I consider myself fortunate to have been able to experience this incredible journey. Pregnancy is the only time when one can assist God in creating a miracle, irreplaceable tiny bit of your heart.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    sindmani, ShabnamF, Umanga and 7 others like this.

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Can say you are very lucky Priya! :) If I think to pen down my pregnancy experience it will surely be a rant :crybaby2:
    A nice write up :clap2:

priyabaghel likes this.
  3. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya - reading your write up took me back to my first pregnancy and delivery. Like you I too had a very smooth pregnancy. Due date also passed, since my baby was in breach position my gynec decided to deliver baby by operation. Just before the operation when nurse did some check ups, she was aghast - she could not find my baby's heartbeat. Believe me I did not feel any panic, my reaction was its your machine not my baby. So I just went into opera theatre relaxed and got my baby.
    Happy motherhood

4. priyabaghel

5. Prishaa

Prishaa Senior IL'ite

that's an lovely story priya... I too had similar cool pregnancy.. Conceived in first attempt .. No morning sickness.. No food problem.. Always energetic.. All was going well until 31 weeks sonography which showed I had very less liquor for gestation.. Was completely shattered but by god grace n doc efforts could push my preg till 34 weeks n den gave birth to my premie son.. Who now is all grown up n rt now trying hard to snatch my cell :)

priyabaghel likes this.
  6. priyabaghel

How sweet!
    Thanks for the appreciation