1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do When Bored And No Friends Around?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by morethanruby, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

The title of this thread is begging the kochen: "why not visit relationships threads on IL ?".
    A place to enjoy some whine and tease.

sindmani, KashmirFlower and vaidehi71 like this.
  2. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Its my suggestion to try couponing. I am always into saving money. And I found some nice blogs and started to do couponing. Now I love it. Whatever you buy here except some Indian groceries you can save money in everything. And there are many moneymaker deals, where after coupons the item will be free of cost to you. How much ever I save I feel like I am earning that much amount. It gives satisfaction to me. You will really need lot of time to do that. If you want more info I will share.

sindmani, gardeninggirl and AnooSA like this.
  3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

My suggestion is focus on getting job, learning new skills, exercise etc. This is only time to learn or do course if you are newly married.

4. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Explore which you wanted to do life long and never got time. I wanted to read ,listen and understand bagavad geetha from a long time ..( may be from my childhood when I heard my grandma chanting the slokas but never got a chance for it !!)

I started hearing translation of bagvad geetha ,ramayanam , bagavatham .. all those epic's translation . There were many available in net. After so much R&D got one which I am able to understand and felt interesting .I felt like hearing moral stories because it was explained in such a simple language and facts about life. Still I do that . I really enjoy that. It helps me to be more practical and peaceful ...
    Second thing cooking . I tired south Indian, north Indian, Mexican , Italian, indo-chinese all kind of cooking and taking pics. Me and my hubby both are foodies so enjoyed it much .. :D
    Third jewelry making . Made ear rings which I could use on a daily basis. productive way of craft work !!
    DIY projects to decorate homes. I got so many compliments for the way I have kept my home from friends or whoever visits.
    Gardening . I love gardening . Tried so many different vegetables and flowers. I did everything in my balcony on pots. I used to give vegetables to my friends. My friends started giving me plants as gift on poojas and festivals ;) . (watering , nurturing , cleaning, talking to them, over all learning about them. They were like kids to me :D . Every time I see a new flower and vegetable bud it gives me immense happiness :)
    NGOs .volunteering in different NGOs , it gave me new friends . Felt happy I am able to give something back to the society I am living in.
    Learn different languages . I didn't achieve it much though . Learning Sanskrit is my dream .Still it's a dream only :( learning Spanish too. I felt Spanish will be handy in this country.

Must do
    Learning driving . which I am working on !!
    Keeping fit .( gym,zumba, some exercise activities )
    Below is a advice I got from one of my elder friend (who have been in this country for a long time and now holds a citizenship . Not sure if I should share it or not . If you didn't like just ignore)
    If you are on H4 or L2 get a EAD and try to get a job. -extra money always helps!
    If you are just married then travelling and enjoying the time of togetherness and make your marriage strong . Take time to understand each other. Add more beautiful memories .
    If you have been married for 2-4 years time to think for a baby. Who add more color to your life and keep you busy :D . End of the day time doesn't wait for anybody and time is money . Use it in a productive way . In short get a clarity o life ,where it taking you. When you have a aim you have something to work on. :) . These made me think !! :).

iamsrihere, sindmani and morethanruby like this.
  5. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Just watch short films in YouTube. Also watch some Make up videos or jewellery making videos / cooking videos etc if you are interested. I am spending my boring time with YouTube.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

Hi....
    When I moved to US I was alone but never felt bored but I do now
    becoz I knw ppl bt everyone s busy n der own works n kids

I started with gng to gym where I found some frnds

den books which s always a good friend (frm library I pick)
    Watch r read some technical things r DIY...I ve seen ppl developing skills DIY n making money
    Hear songs...solve puzzles...I started solving 3*3 Rubik's cube which will take ur time jst lk dat though it s childish :banana:

Like windows shopping I do online window shopping n explore new things

sindmani and morethanruby like this.
  7. gardeninggirl

gardeninggirl Bronze IL'ite

Can you please share the details

8. kalainat

kalainat Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am sharing a few basic details of couponing. Before coupons, you should first look at the weekly ad of the stores where you buy most goods. When you combine weekly ad sale price with coupons, you can save big. There are 3 types of coupons for any product(grocery, cleaning supplies, personal care etc). Coupons are available for Milk, Eggs, Bread also. Coupons are accepted at dollar stores too.

I have uploaded more details in the file.
    Hope you could start with this.

If you are interested then lets start a separate thread for this.

Attached Files:

morethanruby likes this.
  9. gardeninggirl

gardeninggirl Bronze IL'ite

Hey thankyou ..i will go through this.Yes it is better to start a separate thread on coupons.This way the topic will get highlighted and eveyone can go to the thread and can get info regarding that.

10. morethanruby

morethanruby Senior IL'ite

penpaal likes this.