1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Counselling For The Divorce Prone!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 4, 2017.

1. PriyaKathiravan

PriyaKathiravan Silver IL'ite

Hullo sir ,
    Sorry , this is not about this article or marriage and divorce .

I came here only to get a doubt cleared . Not even a doubt , i am most certain about it , but need your confirmation. If not , my head will split .

Are you J.Mathrubootham who writes in The Hindu ?

I KNOW you are , because the writing style is same , the humor and wit are same , the 'personality ' that comes through is same ( vide : age , family details , ex-employment details) .
    Confirmation please !
    J.Mathrubootham has been adding so much pep and light to my dreary life . And to many others' lives .

Shanvy likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@PriyaKathiravan

Dear Priya
    I feel highly elated that you find me of the caliber of Mathrubootham who writes for The Hindu. You have indeed made my day! I am not him. I am a simple Srinivasan who writes only here with some good friends who enthuse me to write more and more. By the way, haven't we met before?
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    That 'erm' is something that I am hearing for the first time. I always recall Tennyson's advice ' To follow knowledge like a sinking star beyond the utmost bounds of human thought'!
    We may have deviated from the main topic during our various interactions but the is the whole idea, isn't it? In fact such feed backs help me to explore to what extent one can travel from the main subject. That's what writing is all about. After dinner every night, I sit with my wife and watch a couple of TV plays. I am totally amazed how they divert from the main story. They start from Ramayana, travel through Mahabaratha and end with some latest crime thriller! That's what life is all about! If my life is going to be a repetition of the same incidents all through, I would have become raving mad! Even with all the variety, I am half mad!

I must be candid enough to admit here that my one page Ramblings would be dead on the second day and could even be still born if people like you do not take it on further from where I have left. I don't believe in writing anything if it gets stuck with my original thought. If you people don't add spice to my writing, I would have been dead as a writer long back!
    Sri

shyamala1234 likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    I am curious to read Matrubhootam's writings.
    In Hyderabad edition of Hindu does he write. We get Hindu daily.
    Syamala

5. Cheeniya

6. PriyaKathiravan

PriyaKathiravan Silver IL'ite

@PriyaKathiravan

Dear Priya
    I feel highly elated that you find me of the caliber of Mathrubootham who writes for The Hindu. You have indeed made my day! I am not him. I am a simple Srinivasan who writes only here with some good friends who enthuse me to write more and more. By the way, haven't we met before?
    Sri

Of course we have , Sir ! I was a regular here once , only to read your articles .

7. Cheeniya

@PriyaKathiravan
    Of course, of course, of course! Your sudden comparison of me to Mathrubootham caused a bit of confusion in my mind! I was myself out of action from August last year to February due to a stroke that I suffered but I am back at my old business of rambling since February!
    Sri

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear sir,
    I read it. Interesting. I would look in Sunday editions here afterwards. Not read before.
    Thank you for the link.
    Syamala

9. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234

I am glad you found Mathrubootham interesting. He has been writing on a variety of subjects and he is quite popular. When Priya compared me with him in her own way, I felt quite elated.
    Sri