Very Short Cervix, Funneling At 20 Weeks With Cervix Stitch...pls Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Daffodil13, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Yeah sure laks09, thanks so much..
    Medicine name is Duvadilan Retard 40mg daily one for 4 weeks. I started yesterday..I didn't feel any change in heart beat but felt very very thirsty and completed 1-2 liters of water..not sure whether it is side effect of medicine or I really felt it as it started summer here...

Have you ever heard of this medicine?

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Hi

I had taken this medicine during my pregnancy.
    I was pregnant with twins and my cervix length was exactly 3. So I was in complete bed rest throughout the pregnancy. Was allowed to walk to the bathroom and sit during meals. Remaining time had to be in the bed.
    Just count down each day. That's what I did. In fact I had a calendar and would strike off every day in the night. Trust me once baby is born all this anxiety and stress will be forgotten.
    I was on Duvadilan injection till the last few weeks.it does make your heart rate increase. But what I found was if I had a glass of milk or any other liquid after the injection the effect was a lot manageable. I would plan a short nap right after the injection so I can sleep through the anxiety period.
    I made it through to 37 weeks with no stitch. Just follow doctor's instructions. Eat healthy protein rich good.
    Take care. And try not to stress too much. Read books or watch comedy movies.
    Catch up with it friends over phone.
    I would spend at least an hour with my friend on phone.
    Once baby is born it will keep you so busy that you will long for this rest period.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  3. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much VLR...it's gives me a great relief when ppl with similar situation made full term. This gives me hope that even I can make full term. But this bed rest is so sick... I am trying my best to occupy my day.

I have started my office work so mostly mornings are occupied. I feel so bored and irritated at evenings...that's when I started browsing more here, watch movies etc. Infact I am also counting each day and once I complete one week I feel like achievement ...I will try ur suggestion after taking medicine (I take orally at night) and see if it reduces side effect..

Good, hope ur two little ones are doing good...I am fascinate about twins from beginning ..I always wanted twins...it didn't happen first time and this time I was not ready...

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

@VLR , one more thing..I googled before using this medicine and found that it might have some respiratory or other problems for babies...so i was so worried to take...hope that is not true.

5. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

My kids didn't hav any specific problem. They were in NICU for 5 hours or so for observation and were then brought to me. Don't over analyse everything. And you don't want to search about everything on Google. It will only make you more stressed. Trust your doctor. Try to take as much rest as possible.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  6. Myladdu

Myladdu Senior IL'ite

Daffodil13
    You are a great mom. Don't worry anything about baby. Do all the things what your doctor says, left everything to God. You enjoy your pregnancy.
    Once you deliver your baby you will forgot all about your pregnancy. You will have bunch of worries growing the baby. You will think this is nothing.
    So this is the time enjoy the exitment about the look of the baby, her/his kicks. All the gymnastics baby do inside your tummy. Your going to miss all this when you deliver baby. So don't worry about anything.
    Evening watch tv , hear some devotional songs. Watch some feel good movies . Good luck.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was on oral progesterone(Susten) and Duvadilan for a few weeks. It's used to relax the uterus and prevent going into labor. I was told about possible side effects post birth but we wanted to have him stay put for as many weeks as possible and decided to take it. My son didn't have even the regular respiratory distress(didn't need a ventilator born at 29 weeks). I think the shots and meds are used to keep you from contracting. Follow the docs advice and don't google too much. Let's hope for a full term pregnancy.

I was always thirsty. Drink to thirst and stay hydrated. It's good for you!

Take care and keep us posted.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Daffodil,
    You need to relax to the best you could. Stress with disturb you. Don't keep thinking about the symptoms, pain and discomfort. Keep your mind occupied in other things. Read books, novels or watch some movies. Read some devotional stuffs if you are interested. Engage your mind. That will save your energy.
    Sticky baby dust to you.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  9. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks VLR..Yes, will follow your advice..Even my Doc asked How I am passing days like this with so much tension...She said you have long way to go and if I take stress for everything small thing, You cannot..She also suggested to leave everything..I am trying my best dear..

10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy...I will surely try to avoid all these thoughts..Thanks for your kind words..:)

Vasumathy likes this.