1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Classroom Gifts From India.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by fiona, Mar 27, 2017.

1. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I just wanted to know if any of you have ever bought gift/s for your child's class ( I mean the whole class ) from India, could be as little as a sweet or something like that? If yes than I would like to know what it was as I am thinking of doing the same when we visit India this time
    Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

2. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Atleast answer in yes or no

3. naturalkind

naturalkind Senior IL'ite

I got gifts for her teachers - nice traditional clutch purses but not for the whole class (dd in daycare she is just 3) i did not think at that time about such a thing like getting gifts for all kids but I should have. Later one of the boys went for a vacation he got shells for the whole class and I though that was very cute. So how old is your child because the gift will be age specific I assume.

sindmani likes this.
  4. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Hi natural kind,
    First of all thank you for your reply.
    Clutch purse is a good idea for teacher, and what kind of shell did the boy get? was it like a show piece or something? My boy is 5 yrs old he'll be 6 next year. :blush:

5. naturalkind

naturalkind Senior IL'ite

Shell as in sea shells he picked up from the beach.
    If you know the number of boys and girls in class you can get girls something traditional zari work coin purse kind of thing or scarfs but boys it is difficult.....get them keychains or something I will think some more ideas. Bangles for girls and similar keychains with mirror work for boys.

sindmani likes this.
  6. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Hi Fiona,
    I got an artistic elephant key chain, 1 for each kid in the class... mine is in 1st grade and all his friends liked it...
    I'd say keychain/a pencil with chota bheem or other Indian cartoon characters...or an eraser or the kind that kids share during valentine's day, but, with Indian touch might work...
    Like @naturalkind said, shells might be great too... you get good painted ones from beach side shops...
    My son wanted to buy small auto toy for everyone to show a three wheeled transportation vehicle :)

sindmani likes this.
  7. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

Wow thanks girls, now the ideas are coming. Lovely ideas, I will surely keep these in mind. Keep the ideas coming.