Low Lying Placenta And Train Travel.. Advice Pls

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Meenu1991, Mar 22, 2017.

1. greenchilli

greenchilli Bronze IL'ite

I don't think it will.the best possible solution would , whichever position you feel pain you should avoid it.

2. mom2nov

mom2nov Senior IL'ite

Till 5th month, I tried to put my feet up while sitting, like on server box in the office and on the table in the living room and it didnt help much. Indeed, doc said that blood clots were there because of placenta tear. I dont remember exactly how many cms away it was at 32nd week, doc said that it moved and to travel with precautions.
    I was on bedrest 8th month too at mom's place. 9th month I started walking around to kind of ease up the delivery process of vaginal birth. I went full term and ended up with c-sec cuz baby had cord around neck.

3. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Ive started being on bed rest completely. Earlier i was on moderate bed rest. I just hope my placenta moves soon :)

4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Hi @Meenu1991,

I am from sep due date club. My Placenta also low lying. today in Anomaly scan it has moved 1.8 cm from cervix. But doctor advised not to travel. I am so worried, as there is family get together in native this weekend and I am going to miss it. Feeling very very sad.

I am not on any bed rest but asked to be cautious while traveling to office. I have a doubt, Your Placenta moved up now???.... My doctor asked me to check again in 28Weeks.

5. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi deeprapriya

Mine was around 2cm and doc advised bed rest because, it helps the placenta to move up a little easy as our tummy expands. The more you rest and the more chances of it to move fast.
    I did take proper bed rest and after 4 weeks it moved to around 3.5cm . So doc allowed me to travel by train, strictly no to car as speed brakers are a problem.

I did travel by train very carefully, avoided steps and came to my parents place.
    Even i was in a big dilemma whether to travel or not, i was scared during the whole travel, but by God's grace, I reached safe.

Which week are you planning to travel? You are in 21th week now?

6. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

@Meenu1991,

Thanks for your post.... I am in 21st week. I had a plan to travel this weekend. But cancelled it based on doctor advice. :anguished::anguished::anguished:

7. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Don't worry dear. Usually after 27 or 28 weeks you will allowed to travel. Till then it is usually risky.
    So its okay if you miss the function for something much more important :)

8. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Meenu1991

9. Nivilovely

Nivilovely Junior IL'ite