1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Necessary To Take Decisions Together In Marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by manjur, Mar 12, 2017.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Is It Necessary To Take Decisions Together In Marriage? I dont think it is necessary for small small things..

BUT ..it is a major decision involving lot of money. In this case mutual decision is important because you are also going to live and spend rest of your life there...

"Every one told that house not good no sunlight rooms very smalletc"

You didnt see the house, right ? Be diplomatic, show some excitement and request him to show you this house . You go there with him and if you dont like it try to convince him..

"But he will ask me about how much money will my mother give me"
    Is it for buying this home? Did she already give it you. Why does she need to give it you. If he is asking to use this money for this home, be firm and tell him that it is your money and you will spend it only if you like the house.

2. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

OP , how long have you been married for? Is this behaviour recent or has it always been his way?

3. manjur

manjur Senior IL'ite

thankyou all for giving suggestions

Very sad dear he should have consulted you but try to find out what he has to say

he is saying why should I need your permission?

When I hear about these kind of chauvinist husbands I can't understand why the wives put up with it.

I have no courage to fight .he tell no one is forcing you to live here and all that---- ..where will I go ?
    no one will support me.

Is it for buying this home? Did she already give it you. Why does she need to give it you

no he will not use this money,and I decided not to tell about any money I save to him never again.
    OP , how long have you been married for? Is this behaviour recent or has it always been his way?
    married for 13 yrs ,he always discuss money matters only with in laws only .if they tell to do ,even if it is not wise decision he will do .
    I think may be we will stay in rented house and he will give the house going to purchase near my mils for rent .I thought we can buy a house near our rented house and stay so we can own a house as this rented house is very old and house owner is not doing any painting.he is only interested in keeping in laws happy.he knows what I am saying still stubborn.only being an obedient son.

4. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

So this seems to be the practice since the beginning and he doesn't treat/respect you as a partner.
    It is going to be hard to get him (or anyone else) to change. Hopefully he is responsible and you still own the property even if you cant live in it.
    meanwhile - try to work on making your own money - at least for your expenses. I know it wont be easy or simple - but it is possible and something you CAN cwork on.
    Hugs to you