1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Posted a couple recently. Will post more.

2. Akanksha1982

Yep nearly every morning the same thought goes through my mind as I recite my prayers.

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Akanksha, interesting update. So poorvank is the culprit :boxing:

How will Poonam solve the puzzle??? BTW what happen to our hero sir?? Waiting for next update. Keep rocking.

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

yes dear definitely. i love your stories and its killing suspense

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Part X

Next morning Poonam rang the doorbell at Agarwal’s house. She had worn a cream khadi silk saree with a brown patch work border. Her hair was parted from the center with liberally applied sindoor and it cascaded loosely over her shoulder. Her elegant mangalsutra ruled her neck while a small brown round bindi ruled her forehead. Her brown bangles jingled as she pulled her bag.

Poorvank opened the door and was shocked to see Poonam. Poonam gave a glare to Poorvank and slightly pushed the door to move in.

“Who is it?” Meena asked coming towards the entrance.

“It’s…. Poo…nam.” Poorvank said trying to compose himself. Hearing Poonam’s name, Miloni also came towards the entrance.

“What brings you here? Sharad is still missing.” Miloni said in an annoying voice.

“I have married Sharad. For a married woman, her house is where her husband resides. So I have decided to stay here.” Poonam replied firmly. She expected confrontation from Miloni and especially Poorvank.

“Come back when Sharad comes. Till then you don’t have any relation with anyone…..” Before Miloni could complete here reply, Meena interrupted her,

“Your memory is back. Can you tell us about Sharad then?”

“Mom, I don’t remember anything that happened after the marriage. I am struggling with that memory. I hope to recover those memories in this house. Please let me stay over here. I will live as your daughter.”

Meena was disappointed hearing that. But she composed herself and said, “Only for Sharad’s sake, I am ok with you staying here. Besides it is not your fault as to whatever has happened. “

Miloni didn’t agree with her mother, but she kept quiet. Poonam was wondering to know which room to go and Meena directed her to Sharad’s bedroom.

Poonam entered the bedroom and was happy that the confrontation didn’t turn out to be as bad as she had thought. She closed the door and looked around the room to find the bag. But her cursory search yielded nothing.

Over the next few days, she continued her search and also won Meena’s heart by taking care of the house. Miloni was still upset with her. Poorvank and Poonam exchanged angered glares at each other.

One evening, in her fanatic search for the bag, she accidently pushed on the side of a drawer in the wooden cupboard. The bottom shelf moved but got stuck in the pile of the files. She moved the files and opened the shelf. Her eyes blinked and her smile widened as she saw a black executive bag. She removed the bag and saw that the bag was locked it had a 3 digit lock. She wondered as to what the combination of the lock would be. She remembered Mr. Mehta’s words, ““Just before the marriage, Mr. Sharad had added your name on the shares of the company that he held”.

So Sharad must have made this for me, so the combination has to be something related to me, she thought. She remembered the count of the stem of roses she had seen in the box at her house. She tried, “1….4….3” and voila, it opened and there it was - a stamped paper declaration of addition of her name to the shares of the company.

Next day, she called a board meeting and on the basis of the documents, she claimed the ownership of the company. Poorvank was furious and he left the meeting as he couldn’t do anything as Poonam had the papers.

Poonam took charge of the company and rehired the people who were laid off by Poorvank. She focused on the quality of the products and also negotiated favorable deals with the customers.

Over the next few months, the company started to revive and the factory started booming again. The investors started investing in the company again. Meena was happy with the progress Poonam had made.

One evening while browsing through the files in her bedroom, Poonam got a call. The voice on the other end said, “Well done. You have executed it to perfection in such a short time. Now it is the time for the final move.”

Just then the doorbell rang. Poonam came out of the bedroom. The maid had opened the door. It was Sharad. Meena was ecstatic on seeing Sharad. Poonam was shell shocked on seeing Sharad.

6. Akanksha1982

The hero comes back in the next episode. Posted the next episode.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear aka
    U write stories?
    This one is good.why surprised? Let's see what u unfold in the next part.
    Awaiting eagerly.
    Regards
    Kamal

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  8. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

That was a good one. Was that pre-planned by Sharad and Poonam. Who was on the other end? Why Poonam is shocked?

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  9. Doree

Doree Platinum IL'ite

Waiting for suspense to unfold... nice going so far :clap2:

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

oh my :( you stopped it at wrong place...Thought Poonam is not compltly recovered it is nice to see her taking up her respon. Nice to see Sarad as well. What next Ma'am??? Hope the next epi is on its way.

Thanks for this short and interesting update.

Akanksha1982 likes this.