1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Contemplating Suicide

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swathiudhay, Feb 21, 2017.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Glad to get your feedback that you are in the right track. You need not feel bad about your post - im sure everyone here will be happy to see that you have made up your mind to go forward positively. Wish you achieve your wishes soon. Hugs:)

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Glad you came back to update us.With your mind clear ,you have already started thinking straight.That is part of the battle won.
    Best wishes op.hope things get better soon.

3. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Yes he is into IT he worked as project manager .

4. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Dear Members,

We have a position in my company and have asked DH to apply. As i am handling the position i know he can do it. But my CEO will take the last decision, now to even forward his CV i need to talk to my CEO. Please help me how to open a conversation about his resume to my CEO. My hubby says it will not be good to work in same company , but i feel currently more than same company its the job security. He was a project manager but this position is for Presales and he will work directly with the CEO and as per my idea working with my CEO he can learn so so much as my CEO is too talented and i like the way he works and that his future will be bright even if not now. Now i need ideas to approach my CEO with his profile. I will not force him to hire him but he can take a interview and then decide just like normally how he does with everyone.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

First of all, stop believing that you are useless; thus it is fair to end your life, and that of others.
    Think positively.
    Of course you are facing lots of hardships now. It is obvious to feel low and negative during this phase.
    Believe me, your hardship is not more than that of a cancer patient's battle for life. The pain, the financial struggle, the changes in their body, the uncertainty and the fear of death is beyond words. Even then, so many people chose to battle this kind of terminal illness with hope. Compared to this, your problems are nothing.

Think about the positives in your life.... You and your husband are educated. For now, you have at least your parents' support and a reliable care system for your kid.
    Your experience and your husband's special talent are not something wasteful.

From my life experience, I would suggest you guys to secure any kind of decent job for now. Don't wait until you get a proper job as per your qualifications and salary expectations.
    This may take long, given the market complexities.
    Try to secure a job, even if that pays the minimum salary to meet your basic needs. The EMIs, loans, and groceries are the basic needs for now.
    If possible, sell off the asset that costs most of your income on EMI payments/loan installments. So that you are free from that threatening loan.
    You may use your gold jewels or any kind of assets to settle this.

Establish a network, so that you may look for opportunities for your husband.

For now, do not limit your job search within your city or comfort zone. Look for an opportunity elsewhere, and be prepared to live separately from your H if needed arises.
    While being in a job, it is not difficult to secure the most wanted/dream job.

Also learn to limit your spending until you are financially settled.

My personal advice for you from what I practice follows below:

Even though you are settled in a good job, think about having a second income
    A business, tuition classes, consultancy, work from home, home gardening, beauty parlor, tailoring etc..etc..\
    You may just need to invest some time initially to set up this second job. After a while, you can fix some reliable person to run the work, and only monitoring from your end would do.
    So, if your first income faces a decline, you can still rely on your second income until you restore your original career.

Saving is must, and always save some % no matter what. First save, and then plan your budget for the spending with the remaining.
    So, this saving will help you to run the family during dark times.

Investment is good, but when you go for bigger ones beyond your capacity, always prepared to get rid of them if needed. An expensive car or a grand villa is fine, but when you feel you can't meet the EMIs anymore, sell them off, get yourself free from the loan, and settle with something suitable.

Given this job market and all, both of you should be prepared to take up opportunities in any part of the world. Given the fact that you guys are really dependent on your career.
    So, plan your life style accordingly.
    I mean, ensuring a reliable support system, great rapport with FOO, preparing kids for any sudden separation, safety, domestic helpers etc...
    and also prepare yourself to face the loneliness, in case you are forced to travel elsewhere, for the future.

This way, you guys can settle with something and give a strong foundation to your kiddos, so that they won't be forced to fight with life, particularly when it comes to finances.

Good luck.

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Meet your CEO during lunch or coffee break in the office and open up this matter straightly.
    You may inquire him whether he has already recruited anyone to that vacant position? If not you may again ask him whether he has any one in mind to fill that position?
    He may surely ask you the reasons for these questions. Even if not, you may straight away tell him that your H is a suitable candidate, and requires a job immediately, so it would be grateful if he could see his profile before deciding.
    Have his resume with you while initiating this talks.

Alternatively, you may call your CEO, or get an appointment to meet him in his cabin when he is free and in good mood.

But, before that make up your H's mind about this. Also, you may consider this as a temporary arrangement till he gets his dream job. So that she shouldn't be worried about working with spouse in a long run.

First of all, check whether it is allowed to work with your spouse in your company?>?

7. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

Hi Swathyudai - You could request for a coffee meeting with CEO and refer your husband's profile.

If you want to keep it more professionally, you don't have to mention it's for your husband...or Write an email to CEO copying your husband's email like
    "Xxx is (his skill set) and is looking for opportunities in project management. He researched about our firm and products (if it's a tech based firm, tell a specific tech he is into). He expressed his interest (add a specific thing he is passionate about), I thought it would be great for you two to connect to discuss more about our firm and opportunities."

After your email, you husband can respond to the email, connect with the CEO and request for a coffee chat to understand what your firm does and opportunities. He should not talk about sour things about his previous job.

I would do the second and I would remove husband tag as i don't like to share personal things with colleagues. If you want, in the same email you can tell it's your husband who is looking for opportunities. Don't forget to talk about his skill set and his interest in tech/joining your firm. I prefer email more if your CEO is busy for a coffee chat. If he doesn't respond..may be he is busy.. just follow up.

Another good way to find jobs - prepare a good email that shows what he is passionate about and his skill set. search for leaders/directors/talent acquisition professionals in LinkedIn, ask him to DM them via LinkedIn. 1 out of 1000 may respond.

Support your husband emotionally and motivate him. Are you in US/India? DM me his skill set. I will give you my email address, I may be able to guide if he s in IT domain.

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, happy to know that you all are doing well. I am sure you will come out of this problem with flying colors. Please support each other and be positive. You all will be OK. Good luck

9. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Op,

Can he go for some certification like CSM or PMP, this may help him in job search? How much is his experience and he is in technical or managerial side?
    Also, I hope you are guys are in India..would suggest to reach out your friends and ask them to refer in their company. Dont hesitate to any one. My colleague, she didnt leave even a single person to get her husband refered and every one tried . Finally he got a job through another colleague's friend. So try your luck dear.

Recent I heard Wipro and Capagemini has opening for CSMs and PM, see if you can get him referred?